Karl Olstrum

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Kick

Kick
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

Does anyone know why he was unavailable again ? Just not good enough , does he have a list of unavailability for the rest of the season he would like to share ?

#2 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

Haven next season

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Who knows , but it wouldn't surprise anyone if he wasn't here.

#4 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

If haven think he'll be any different when he gets there they're as deluded as the majority of their supporters.

#5 Kick

Kick
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

It's time that both he and the board man up and be open with supporters he should have a close look at the way Brett Phillips is performing at the moment but then again perhaps that's why he is staying away

#6 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

I wouldn't have thought so. And if it's a personal issue I wouldn't expect the club to go public with it although if it isn't I'd expect they would.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Well , what may happen at the end of the season and anything behind the scenes is one thing ,and that's for the club , but as for now we need him to step up and play his role for us , because out on the pitch he plays tough and gives real starch in attack and defence. We've a hole needs filling and it's his to take .I was about to say time to come to the party , but maybe that's not the right term !!

Edited by DavidM, 12 June 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#8 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

Excellent player on his day

#9 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hasn't been on his game this season though

#10 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

When did he last play

#11 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

When did he last play

Leigh

#12 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

I dont think he realises how good he is or how good he can be! He is deffinetly somebody you want in the team!

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Last season I remember Charlo saying that he was regularly making 50 tackles and 20 runs . That work rate is invaluable . Head screwed on and he's a midfield dynamo .

Edited by DavidM, 12 June 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#14 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

Excellent player on his day

You are dead right Donald he is but sadly we haven't seen a great deal of evidence of that this season and he is missing more games now than he has done in the past for a variety of reasons apparently!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#15 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

Last season I remember Charlo saying that he was regularly making 50 tackles and 20 runs . That work rate is invaluable . Head screwed on and he's a midfield dynamo .

That was last season.......

#16 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:06 AM

Leave the lad alone - he's there most weeks carrying the kicking tee - maybe the fact lever got in ahead of him at the start of the year apparently has ###### him off .. I say apparently as he was absolutely anonymous in his 4 games and dam right pathetic - another dud from wigan .

Thing with Karl is we've heard it all before - he's locked up- assaulted bouncers - not training - on a stag do - turned up ###### up - but he always comes back stronger, stop guessing what's going on and get behind him

#17 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

Lever got in the side in front of him? Don't make me laugh. If that's the best rumour you can make up you need to think harder. I'm sure everyone is behind a Karl Olstrom who's committed to the cause it's just we haven't seen much of it this season.

#18 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 667 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

Leave the lad alone - he's there most weeks carrying the kicking tee - maybe the fact lever got in ahead of him at the start of the year apparently has ###### him off .. I say apparently as he was absolutely anonymous in his 4 games and dam right pathetic - another dud from wigan .

Thing with Karl is we've heard it all before - he's locked up- assaulted bouncers - not training - on a stag do - turned up ###### up - but he always comes back stronger, stop guessing what's going on and get behind him

To be fair, everyone who has posted on here wants Karl back in the team.

#19 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

To be fair, everyone who has posted on here wants Karl back in the team.

exactly, we all want a Karl olstrum who's available on a weekly basis, not in one week, out the next. He can't argue about not playing if he can't commit to everyweek. But on his game, olstrum is the best loose forward we have.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#20 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Agreed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users