Karl Olstrum

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,248 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

Leave the lad alone - he's there most weeks carrying the kicking tee - maybe the fact lever got in ahead of him at the start of the year apparently has ###### him off .. I say apparently as he was absolutely anonymous in his 4 games and dam right pathetic - another dud from wigan .

Thing with Karl is we've heard it all before - he's locked up- assaulted bouncers - not training - on a stag do - turned up ###### up - but he always comes back stronger, stop guessing what's going on and get behind him

That's all fair enough if he's doing everything required and not being selected , but if he's not towing the line and is the one at fault then it's tough to have sympathy .We don't know - There's been to much this season surrounding him whatever is going on . We don't need it, it's tough enough with a tiny squad . Either way , it needs to be put aside for the remainder of this most crucial season and they all need to row in the same direction . We're not good enough to do without a player we'd all have as one of our core players . Let's just hope in these next defining 10 games all we're doing is talking about Karl the ON FIELD PLAYER , and his match winning contributions ...

Edited by DavidM, 13 June 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#22 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

It was said in veivers after match interview a few weeks ago a he had issues outside the game... So leave it at that ! When he's back he will be back - more to life that rugby league and if the club want to run with such a slim squad where 1 mans unavailability is the end of the world then it's the BOD that need questioning

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,248 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

if the club want to run with such a slim squad where 1 mans unavailability is the end of the world then it's the BOD that need questioning...

Oh yes , and have we been doing it !

Edited by DavidM, 13 June 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#24 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

karl still a top player on his day would have him at haven

#25 Workplace

Workplace
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

Lever got in the side in front of him? Don't make me laugh. If that's the best rumour you can make up you need to think harder. I'm sure everyone is behind a Karl Olstrom who's committed to the cause it's just we haven't seen much of it this season.

From what I've seen Olstrum is a good player and contributes well when he plays. Looking at the beginning of the season Lever played in the first five games in which we won three and he played off the bench for Olstrum. If you look at both who have high tackle counts and work hard in attack then maybe it's these types of players we're missing. Just a thought!

#26 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,968 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

I'm sure everyone who contributes to this forum would like to have the Karl Olstrum we all know for the better playing as one of the backbones of our team.   If the lad has personal problems then I'm sure he will be getting help from the club so I agree let's leave it now and see what transpires.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#27 Kick

Kick
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

Well said Keith T

#28 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

Any thoughts on the "missing" Karl Olstrum?

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#29 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

It's not looking good is it, not injured according to reports. How many games has Karl played this year?
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#30 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

karl still a top player on his day would have him at haven

on his day. Hmmmmmmm

#31 macca57

macca57
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

cant believe some people are blaming the board for this one, karl was in starting team, and for him to do something on sat nlght, which resulted in him no being able to play, lmo tells me he is not fully commited to the team

#32 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

He was needed more then ever on Sunday long and short of it and didn't show up for whatever reason but to me he should look at what we achieved yesterday and get training tomorrow get his head down and hope big Phil can give him a chance! I just hope this isn't the same tale of a Whitehaven chap we took on a few years ago and problems away from the game resulted him not succeeding and finishing up way before his time!! I would even go as far as to say one of the other lads get him staying over with them to keep an eye on him!! Top player who was talking about getting back in super league at the start of the season! If Karl gets to read like I know a few players do, you can still make it in the big league just try n sort it! Up the town

#33 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

cant believe some people are blaming the board for this one, karl was in starting team, and for him to do something on sat nlght, which resulted in him no being able to play, lmo tells me he is not fully commited to the team

if that's the case, he dosent deserve to play.

#34 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

I'd leave it to the players to decide - it's them he keeps letting down. On his day a great player but he hasn't reproduced the form of last season for me.

#35 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

He was needed more then ever on Sunday long and short of it and didn't show up for whatever reason but to me he should look at what we achieved yesterday and get training tomorrow get his head down and hope big Phil can give him a chance! I just hope this isn't the same tale of a Whitehaven chap we took on a few years ago and problems away from the game resulted him not succeeding and finishing up way before his time!!

....with that great show and go? He was a cracking player and in a good team. I also seem to remember he didn't understand what all the fuss from the fans was about. If his problems are the same wouldn't hold out much hope though hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Oneday, 24 June 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#36 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

....with that great show and go? He was a cracking player and in a good team. I also seem to remember he didn't understand what all the fuss from the fans was about. If his problems are the same wouldn't hold out much hope though hope I'm wrong.

craig Walsh? Outstanding player, but he wasn't even that fond of rugby, he played because it came easy to him. Hopefully Karl still loves the game and puts his heart back into it.

#37 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

Exactly the one wonky, he was class for town n haven was Walsh but you could rely on him being on the bus to an away match but would be making appearances in fusion and the park

#38 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

I'd leave it to the players to decide - it's them he keeps letting down. On his day a great player but he hasn't reproduced the form of last season for me.

Agreed, I think he has let  himself, the coach, the BOD's and the fans down but most of all his team mates. So I think it's a great shout for the club to say we've had enough of your antics but IF the players and coach are prepared to give you ONE last chance then we will.

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#39 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Agreed, I think he has let  himself, the coach, the BOD's and the fans down but most of all his team mates. So I think it's a great shout for the club to say we've had enough of your antics but IF the players and coach are prepared to give you ONE last chance then we will.

Do we know the story then or just surmising from past experiences?

Last year whatever he got up to didn't affect his performances.

#40 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

Do we know the story then or just surmising from past experiences?

Last year whatever he got up to didn't affect his performances.

to be fair it hasn't effected his performances this year, you can't perform if you get nowhere near the pitch. You would think he's in a last ditch saloon now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users