Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven home

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Well the way we've been playing a win for Whitehaven looks likely. Ever the optimist I think Clive will turn it round but it will be close. 32 - 24 to the Cru.

#2 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

You've went downhill since you tonked us up here looked a very good team aswell

#3 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

I know its a cliché but it really is a 'must win game' or its back to Championship 1. I'm not bothered how close it is as long as we win - but preferably without giving a bonus point. Its difficult to see where such a win is going to come from - we are not playing as a team and seem devoid of ideas and need a leader on the pitch.

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Just announced - its Clive Griffiths' last game as head coach before he changes to director of rugby and hands over the reigns to a new coach. The Cru faithful owe a debt of gratitude to Clive and I hope supporters turn out in numbers to bid him our best wishes, and the players step up their game and present him a win against a decent Haven side.

#5 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Wow. Areal nail-biter but I will take a win any day of the week. Good to see the team playing together and giving everything. The play-of-the-ball was quicker and we had a passionate leader on the pitch (Karl Ashall patting his badge and acknowledging the fans). If we cut out the penalties we could match more teams but 3 points today was the least the players could give to Clive Griffiths in his move to the directors box.

#6 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

Couldn't agree more Gogledd

#7 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

A great win against an in form team.  There were some bodies and passion  on the line out there today for everyone to see today, and thankfully not a single one of them was from our secondary support club.

They were our lads, playing for our club and our shirt! and boy it showed through in the end, 

Regards 7

#8 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

Good luck to Clive and to whoever takes over as head coach. A good win for you guys as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users