TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Olstrum - Haven

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Haven14

Haven14
  • Whitehaven
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

Well the rumour has been doing the rounds for ages. Not sure wether it's general dissatisfaction with Town or the unwillingness to travel to Oxford Heml Hemstead , Glouseter etc

Does beg the wider question who else should we hire if Town go down. Miller maybe worth a shot if he gets back fit but with Calvert and Burns development not vital Mattinson will retire or go back to the brow. The only way he gets back into the Rec is on the away team coach. Carter is a shadow of his previous self and certainly wouldn't justify the development role wages Town pay him! He probably needs to get to Barrow in truth rediscover his form and play fullback where he is best suited. He has been mest about by Town to much in reality and it's hit his form.

Not sure what Brett Philips situation is contract wise but if he has any sense he should really find himself a SL club and seeing if he can make it. If not I am sure we could accommodate him.

There isn't a lot of meat on the carcass when you look at it.

Edited by Haven14, 12 June 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#2 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Matty is still class,would have him back any day.

#3 Haven14

Haven14
  • Whitehaven
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

No denying he is a decent player but he has taken the pxxx out of Haven the and fans to many times. We should either retire him or make him travel with Town to Glouseter if he wants semi pro rugby.

#4 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

How exactly has he taken the #### out of haven and the fans

#5 Haven14

Haven14
  • Whitehaven
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

...just ask one of your mates I am sure they will explain...he has long since burnt his bridges with Haven.

#6 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

Both Phillips brothers matty mcavoy Miller probably stack would need a bigger squad also Dawson mossop and Harrison from Barrow but I wouldn't bank on town going down just yet and of course olstrum

#7 Haven14

Haven14
  • Whitehaven
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

Nothing is certain but I think if we win and Town lose this weekend they have a mountain to climb. It will between us and Town for 9th I think . They are banking on going on a seven game winning streak but everyone is going to fighting very hard for points so it won't happen. They will pick up more wins but catch up is very difficult to play as games run out.

Stack would get less hassle for leaving his wife than leaving Town so he won't join us. Matty - we wouldn't take him to much bad feeling. Mcavoy would be handy if he is off contract with Town . Think big Philips will get a chance at higher level. Not sure about the younger one not a scrum half and not physical enough for hooker. I would take Mossop first anyway. Harrison wouldn't travel at this stage but agree if he would good.

Edited by Haven14, 12 June 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#8 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

Don't agree it's gonna be us and town for 9th place where we are we've gotta catch dewsbury now to go 6th town have gotta get on Batley and Keighleys tails out could happen yet

#9 Haven14

Haven14
  • Whitehaven
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

Think we will have a falter due to lack of numbers. I think Batley will get better they had an implosion but are returning to form. Keighley strength is obviously the squad depth. I hope you are right and we carry on climbing, saints are getting players back in the forwards which should ensure we have a decent front row but time will tell. We will get Amor for a couple of games I hear which will be great once he is ready.

I sort of like the idea of Haven sending Town to Hemel Hempstead on points difference. !!!!!

#10 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

...just ask one of your mates I am sure they will explain...he has long since burnt his bridges with Haven.

Ask my mates,what are you on about?

#11 Haven14

Haven14
  • Whitehaven
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

Just mention give them his name, you won't have to say anything else...they will fill you in.

#12 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

think this is very premature,yes we are in a good position and on form and league position we are better placed than those around us to stop up.However we have some tough games left and our small squad is always a worry if injuries come at the wrong time.BP have kept some teams on our tails and put others above us .I think barrow and rochdale are all but gone, swinton won their last 2 and could be in the mix.Then its between,us,town,NWC,Batley,cougars.
Still a lot to play for but winning at home as we are then you would hope that will bring the points needed to keep ahead of the others .A win on sunday would be absoloutley massive as it would just about put paid to NWC catching us.

#13 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

One funny thing is after spending the full season saying how important it is they stay up,now it seems some of their fans are waving the white flag .Discussion seems to have changed to how bad it would be if you stay up......unlike them lot to change their views on things cause it suits  their club,not as if they have done that before.

Long way to go in the season 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users