Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tonight's match

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

According to Sky Sports:

Lions 39 - 18 Hornets.

Great result!

Posted Image

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

It was a good game
Our pack again outstanding.

#3 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

Great game no bonus points aswell great effort lions

#4 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

Well done everyone don't think anyone had a average game all put a bit extra in tonight. Ackers was top drawer for me.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#5 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

And Morrison. He is a machine... but as you say a huge effort from all...especially Watson who rolled back the years

#6 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

Very good attendance too, great rap for the players at the end, onwards and upwards

#7 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

A great team performance tonight, nobody had a bad game. MOM to Andy Ackers who put in another top performance. O'Brien was perfect with the boot and added a dg. Watto bossed the game and controlled our performance brilliantly. Barber is looking like an inspired signing, two tries and a wonderful break for the Atkin try. Atkin himself seems to be scoring every week, he was yet another that impressed tonight. A good win, let's make it three in a row next week!

#8 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

Very good attendance too, great rap for the players at the end, onwards and upwards

#9 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

Match report now online

Riggy

#10 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

Great crowd. great atmosphere. great performance. great result. Everything now seems to be clicking together both on and off the field. Congrats to the lads for a great team performance all round! you can now see everyones hard work and efforts coming together and bearing fruit! Massive credit must go to the teams commitment on the field and the Trust's commitment behind the scenes off it and obviously everyone else at the club who are doing such a great job in making the clubs future look much brighter. big thanks to you all. lets keep it going now. !!!!!!!!! kind regards. Ralph

#11 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

The atmosphere created by both sets of fans in a small crowd was good and the team deserved their win showing great effort and commitment all round.  At times the team still looked disorganised in attack but if we eventually get a really settled line up playing together for a while I hope that will improve.  All in all a pleasing win and I'm hoping for the hat trick at Barrow next week. Well done Lions.

#12 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Gutteddddddd. Had to miss 2 games and we win both. Still, I wouldn't have it any other way!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#13 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

I am also sorry I missed last night's game..........but as Loyalion said rather miss the game and the team win than attend and watch them lose, hopefully it will be three consecutive wins after the Barrow match.

#14 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

Typical, as soon as I leave the country on holiday they go and win.

In the USA at the moment. Seen NYC (Manhattan) Agecroft Hall (Richmond, Virginia), Chicago and Memphis. Next comes Dallas followed by LA and then home to S & P. 

Geoff in Vermont, howdy from the Deep South.

#15 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:56 AM

Typical, as soon as I leave the country on holiday they go and win.

In the USA at the moment. Seen NYC (Manhattan) Agecroft Hall (Richmond, Virginia), Chicago and Memphis. Next comes Dallas followed by LA and then home to S & P. 

Geoff in Vermont, howdy from the Deep South.

We were at Agecroft Hall in March. Did you take a picture in your Lions shirt, sorry, jersey?.We could put yours and mine side by side with the title "two old farts detected at Agecroft Hall".

How come you are not stopping off in Vermont??? Waterbury is the center of craft beer in the USA!

Seriously, I hope you have a great time!

Geoff

Posted Image

#16 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

Hey Keith have you taken the camper van ?  :-)

Everyone is missing you as people keep asking where you are.

Have a good holiday

Riggy

#17 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

I can just picture Keith traversing the Atlantic in his amphibious camper van, Swinton flag for a mainsail.

#18 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

I bet he'd dock in New Jersey or would it need to be Old Jersey!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users