Photo
- - - - -

Kevin Sinfield awarded MBE in Queen's Birthday Honours List (Merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

Kevin Sinfield.

#2 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

Well done, well deserved.

#3 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

Seems England's most overrated captain has been awarded the MBE, based mainly on Captaining  the Whino's .

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

I'd like to think that's a wind up....

There will be at leasr another 100 other solid one club players who never quite made it at the next level that will be waiting expectantly for the postman over the next few days......

Some of the true greats will raise an eyebrow...

#5 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 621 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

Any award like that to a Rugby League player should be applauded, we have to remember we are a minority sport.

HW

#6 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

well deserved.

Edited by steef, 13 June 2014 - 10:43 PM.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#7 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

Any award like that to a Rugby League player should be applauded, we have to remember we are a minority sport.

HW

We should have more self esteem about us than that.

It's like picking small venues for cup semis so they look full on the telly.....

#8 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

I thought he had already been knighted

#9 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:58 PM

Congratulations to Kevin Sinfield: a great player, an exemplary captain and (what is probably just as well if he ever reads this forum - which seems unlikely), in the old-fashioned sense of the word a jolly good sport.

:-)

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#10 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,836 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

A richly deserved reward for a long and illustrious career. Not blessed with exceptional speed or strength but look what he has achieved. How many British players have won the golden boot ?

It is mealy mouthed and ungracious in extremis to put down and belittle this award.

Congratulations to one of RL's true leaders and gentlemen.

#11 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

Let's take ability out of the equation for a second.

He is the example of how every sportsman should live their life. He's had so much success but showed so little arrogance. He tries his hardest every week, sets an example for the younger kids and has a massive professionalism about how he acts. .

I don't rate him as a international standard player, but for professionalism as a top level English sportsman and how to set an example would I give an MBE? Most definitely.

#12 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

Fully deserved never forgot his roots and a fitting reward to mark his career acheivments .

#13 Oxford

Oxford
  • Coach
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:45 AM

This is great news and shows even in these bizarre times good things happen to the right people! :fan:  :fan:  :fan:

#14 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

we've come to expect this from the jealous minded who are only coming out with this stuff because he plays for Leeds.Now long been said his so called left wing politics would make him politely refuse,anyway if this is true congratulations Kevin Sinfield.I would myself be more pleased if he was made a Freeman of the City of Leeds. That would be unique for a RL player for obvious reasons

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#15 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:08 AM

I'd like to think that's a wind up....

There will be at leasr another 100 other solid one club players who never quite made it at the next level that will be waiting expectantly for the postman over the next few days......

Some of the true greats will raise an eyebrow...

I want Leeds city council to make him a freeman of the city! lots of one club men wont be waiting for that award because you cant be made a freeman of a town

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#16 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

Congrats but isn't an MBE a downgrade for "Sir" Kev? ;-)
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#17 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:20 AM

Fully deserved, a credit to his family and club.

A one club man

#18 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

Well done,only a person lacking class and dignity would belittle a person receiving such an honour.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 14 June 2014 - 05:53 AM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#19 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

Well deseved award for Sir Kevin.

#20 Tizzles

Tizzles
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

Let's take ability out of the equation for a second.

He is the example of how every sportsman should live their life. He's had so much success but showed so little arrogance. He tries his hardest every week, sets an example for the younger kids and has a massive professionalism about how he acts. .

I don't rate him as a international standard player, but for professionalism as a top level English sportsman and how to set an example would I give an MBE? Most definitely.

just about sums up my thoughts too... Great recognition for a committed sportsman...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users