Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team news

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

I wonder if it would be possible to start giving some regular team news on the website and/or forum
I take the old fella to the match and as you may have noticed if you know me he's not in the best of health and struggles to identify players
Well...it's getting to the point I can't either!
I'm guessing Gavin Bennion has been released by Featherstone and we've signed him but I'm sure I'm not alone in being interested and would welcome official confirmation.
I know several of you are doing a grand job and put in many free hours for our benefit but it's just a suggestion
Cheers
Mark

#2 mike the lion

mike the lion
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

The information on players is worse than in John Kidd`s regime.Poor at best

#3 JohnRoddy

JohnRoddy
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

The information on players is worse than in John Kidd`s regime.Poor at best

Thanks for the note, I am attending my first board meeting on Monday to discuss our plans for the future, rest assured that communication and engagement with our supporters is a priority within our agenda.

Further information will follow next week!

John Roddy

#4 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

Mike the lion I think that's a harsh criticism. One of the problems regarding keeping fans updated on players is the use of DR with the board, indeed the coaches not knowing untill late in the week as to who is available.
For the record both Gavin Bennion and Jordan Burke have now signed on with us till the end of the season.
John has posted already that we want to develop a club where everyone is valued and this is a very different way to which the club was previously run.

#5 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

Two quality additions
Both had great games last night

As did Ed Barber

#6 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

With supporters at its heart I'd like to think that we're being more open with our fans now than ever. Myself and Marshy (& now John) post regularly on this forum, and through Riggy and others we try to keep the web-site ticking over, plus there is an active twitter feed. We try to be informative re club direction in the match programme, and we're all happy to talk club policy openly in person (within reason of course).

But constructive criticism is always welcome, and perhaps there are some areas of internal communication that we could improve upon to help keep fans abreast of what's happening with our players (injuries, signings, departures, loans, dual reg etc). If that's the point being made above then fair enough and we'll see what we can do to improve matters.

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

Your last paragraph Is the point I was trying to make Steve
I'd happily do it if you wanted me to.
Players keep popping up for us and shoulders get shrugged in the stands as we don't know who they are
I can't see any criticism in my post just praise for your efforts so far and like I say give me the necessary contacts I'll happily do the rest

#8 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

It's a good point Mark and I'll ensure it's covered at our next meeting. And thanks for the offer.

#9 mike the lion

mike the lion
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Marshy, the criticism syems from players going missing for weeks/months on end(e.g. Ben Warrilow,Liam Fishwick) and then we arrive for a match and find a player in the team line up who was not on our current squad records.

I appreciate its time consuming keep putting information out updating players injuries but us fans start wondering if these players are still with the club

I would like to see players stats in the programme if possible or even on the club website.

But keep up the good work what ever you decide.

#10 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

For info, Gav Bennion was only on loan at Fev, season long from Warrington. Went well the once I saw him play.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#11 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

Marshy, the criticism syems from players going missing for weeks/months on end(e.g. Ben Warrilow,Liam Fishwick) and then we arrive for a match and find a player in the team line up who was not on our current squad records.
I appreciate its time consuming keep putting information out updating players injuries but us fans start wondering if these players are still with the club
I would like to see players stats in the programme if possible or even on the club website.
But keep up the good work what ever you decide.

Point taken and we will try and resolve it.

#12 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

I assume that Burke and Bennion won't count on the dual registration quota?

#13 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Correct Dave

#14 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

Got to agree with most of the comments and think all is meant in a constructive manner. Ignoring the DR situation each week which I guess was just o'brien last night I think the website is still out of date (I do appreciate it that we are trying to get there). To me a post on here is fine but should it not be on the website. I just don't think it helps give a good Impression at games when the swinton fans are debating and the away team assume it is all DR problems.

Ed barber - last night I was debating with a couple of gents and we came up with - Leeds academy, dewsbury scrum half, year in Australia, signed on at swinton, still no number? No official word anywhere

The mystery Johnny brown.

Chris atkin signed on? Certainly hope so but nothing I have read.

It is just simple things and most importantly up to date.

Got Martin aspinwell loan from the leight site ( month or season loan?)

I think the website is the place for the team news/ squad and keep it current with a quick pen picture.

And finally three other specific queries

1)In the north wales match report it ended with see Ian's comments on his 'own page' - am I missing something here?

2)The website says paul Kidd is a director as announced when the trust took over and also notes john roddy so it has been updated. Last nights program makes no mention of Kidd in the directors and I am told he has left the club but still represents them - update?

3) when I search chris atkin or eb barber and swinton up comes a website player page and a photo for chris but is not in the first team squad page. So the info is there just not working?

I am the first to admit that some news is confidential, and that old news is not news and that timing of announcements is important but I would love to see some more website updates and news items.

Thanks

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#15 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

Reasonable points well made. As mentioned earlier we acknowledge that the club's internal comms lines need reviewing. Once done this should result in an all-round improvement in the areas you mention.

#16 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Flippin eck.  I go away for a day and everyone has a go at me :-).

Hi Mark.  The website is updated by me from the information passed down from the Board or Watto.  If I am not given the information I cannot put it onto the website.

I can tell you that Andy Thronley has returned to Leigh to cover for the injured Tom Armstrong.

On the programme we are trying to keep the shirt numbers up to date.

Thanks for listening

Riggy

#17 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

I think thats exactly the point Riggy.. ..someone needs to pass the information on and more often!
It keeps us interested
The more we are interested the more we feel involved the more we spend!

Edited by mark richardson, 16 June 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#18 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

No one is having a go at you Riggy, like you say if ur not getting info you can't put it on the web-site. As mentioned the issue is one of internal comms.

#19 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:03 AM

Cheers Steve.

#20 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

Your a credid to the club Riggy! You do a fantastic job keep up the good work!