Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

todays attendance estimate

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

hemel today

around the 400 mark

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#2 Lapu Lapu Hun

Lapu Lapu Hun
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

I reckon you are pretty much on the right mark. Plus or minus 20.

#3 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Official crowd 450. A lot in hospitality.
For Fathers day and Ginger Burnells 90th birthday.

#4 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

It was good to see him in the Phoenix after the game leading the singing

#5 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

Top bloke, great sense of humour. Stuart Kean told some great stories about him.......

#6 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

More comments about the attendance than the match,about sums up the forum .............come back MACCA ....NUMBER 9  AND ZORRO

#7 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

Think the lack of comments on the game ironically says quite a lot actually ... already the game (brawl apart) is disappearing from my memory!

It's pretty clear that we're in nothing like the form we were a month or so ago, some pretty one-dimensional and one-paced stuff going on out there, and struggling to find the killer play, against a team that were reasonably well organized defensively, and clearly came to spoil. A few decent individual efforts (Kain, Haley, Oakes spring to mind) but really nothing to write home about. The three-quarters rarely got involved, simply because the ball rarely got out to them! Unfortunately, it looked like Haley came off with a broken wrist too.

Be interesting to see what the RFL do about the brawl (if anything). Certainly the rotund no.25 for Hemel must be amongs the most vacuous / cynical / unfit character seen at the SLS for some time !!

#8 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Fortunately the MC was John Holdsworth-- think his report to the RL WILL TELL THE STORY.

Afraid to say that the referee was not up to Championship 1 standard.

We are NOT playing with the fluency we showed at the start of the season-- we didn't see the centres at all yesterday  Is it the half backs that are to blame ?

#9 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

Boring game but won comfortably shows we aren't far off.Will be difficult going down there in August.

#10 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

Fortunately the MC was John Holdsworth-- think his report to the RL WILL TELL THE STORY.

Afraid to say that the referee was not up to Championship 1 standard.

We are NOT playing with the fluency we showed at the start of the season-- we didn't see the centres at all yesterday  Is it the half backs that are to blame ?

I don't think either Grimmer or Ansell played particularly well yesterday, but I thought a bigger problem was the amount of time it died with the loose-forward - especially when going right.

Marchy back to no.13 and Hood and Tebb sharing hooking duties next game for me.

#11 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

We could have scored 100 points if we moved it out wide. However it seemed like the LF had 1 intention to drive it in whether he had a 2 man or even 4 man overlap which made it easy for Hemel. The one time we did we nearly scored the try of the match with Ansell knocking on over the line. Hemel team you could have placed a blanket over the whole team in both attack & defence as they were that bunched up.
Never seen a brawl as big as that down at SLS, however their no25 was like the fat school ground bully who eventually got what was coming to him, if officials followed the rules it could have prevented it but you can only get pushed & punched so many times until you eventually retaliate.

On another note has Oakes built a sidestep in his game?, 2 matches running now he has sidestepped through the defense.

#12 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

Oakes is getting better every game. We need a scrum half for me, ours lack creativity or that little spark that is sometimes needed.

#13 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

Weren't you lot all calling for Ansell and Grimmer in the halves 2/3 weeks ago?

#14 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

I was, and I still am. I said they didn't play particularly well yesterday, I didn't say they were as bad as the Coyles at York !!

Remember Grimshaw and Ansell were at half-back in our best two performances of the season in my book, the two cup games against Workington and Wigan. As I say, movement of the ball from the forwards, particularly loose, was my main concern from Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users