Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tony Blair

Is this man sane?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

According to tony Blair the takeover of towns, cities and provinces in iraq by radical Islamic fundamentalists has nothing at all to do with his and George w bush's invasion and occupation of Iraq but because we(the US, UK&nato) didn't bomb Syria. Absolutely unbelievable that a. This man can think this but also b. that he's given a platform by the British media to spew such nonsense and lies. I can only surmise from this that he's a deranged individual or is on the payroll of the military industrial complex and war contractors or both.

#2 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

I once saw a guy in Hyde Park (speakers corner) and his entire speech consisted of saying 'Tony Blair. ..diamond thief' over and over. It was bizarrely entertaining.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#3 Bucksyed

Bucksyed
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

Not sure what his mental state is .I think he has told too many lies regarding Iraq that he believes they are true.

I have Kleptomania and when it gets bad I take something for it :tongue: .

#4 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Interesting that, having spent a number of years in the shadows, Mr Blair has rarely been out of the tv spotlight for the last three or four weeks.

Posted Image

#5 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

The cynic in me can't help wondering if Tony has any financial interest in some arms manufacturing companies.

#6 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,941 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:34 PM

I read it in the Sunday Times.

He makes some good points. It is hard to believe that Iraq would not have ended up in a civil war anyway. It is also true that the body count in Syria is probably higher than in Iraq despite being a shorter conflict.

However he seemed to think that ISIS would have died a death had we intervened in Syria. That is simply insane. Going on past interventions, the number of Islamist nutters has gone up not down after intervention.

He has also (correctly IMO) identified that the region has problems built into it and attacked the tendency to blame ourselves for its issues as Westerners are wont to do. But there is no "If I had but seen that before 2003 then maybe I'd have acted differently". Why repeat the mantra about "the religion of peace" whilst in office and only now admit that certain sections of Islam are the central problem? 

#7 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,588 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

Thread tidied up, all grossly off-topic stuff removed.  Please keep on topic.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#8 jus de couchon

jus de couchon
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

Google Arrest Tony Blair. Just saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users