TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

REFEREE

ref

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

Well after today's game I think it was made clear that the ref needs to be sacked. Shocking display I wish i could say for both sides but i just didn't see it. Can anybody say he had a good game today and be serious?

They say that referees don't make a difference to a sides victory, I beg to differ. I hope Mark Campbell puts a report in against him. I'll be getting the dvd because Im positive Doncaster knocked on at least 4 times on our 10 yard line in left hand corner.

We didn't play well at all. If it wasn't for Kainy I don't know where we would be. Don't pass go, don't collect £200,000 or a chance in Superleague for this year.

Don't see us doing anything, too many player swapping no stable team.

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 15 June 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#2 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hope we do put an official complaint in , that was a diabolicle refereeing perfornance at any level , waste of time it will be like it will fall on deaf ears as usuall.

#3 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

Absolutely disgusting performance. Offside call wasn't made once in that match. (Pretty sure it should've been).

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 15 June 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#4 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

He is the worst referee that I have ever seen; Giving that last try has to be the most diabolical decision of all time; Its not based on that one decision cos refs can mske mistakes but on the basis of the four times he has reffed Fev he clearly has no idea of what he is doing; He spoils the enjoyment of games cos you don't know what he might come up with next; He lacks maturity and needs to go back to learning the game and he may come back a better ref;

Edited by Phil Loxton, 16 June 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#5 onandon

onandon
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

god you lot don't half moan ...........its the reff`s fault we didn't  win .cheat cheat cheat zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

if you had won he would be the best reff ever, I am glad we didn't win you probably be asking for more of our players two add you your team ,,,O sorry the dons (B team )

LOL its was a good game from both sides,admit we didn't play as good as we could but 2 points will do

#6 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Even if we would have hung on (as thats what we were doing) for victory it was an appalling perfromance from Cobb, think Fev got one penalty in the second half for a high tackle, donny got at least 5 on the bounce today to go with the many others in the first half

How the last try stands ill never know, looked at least 3 knock ons in the buildup, once definate one from Welham but await to see the video

Thought we let Cooke once again play in a dinner jacket though didnt have his usual influence of previous games

This obstruction rule is a joke - both teams guilty of it

Poor from us today, a lucky draw for me, Donny were much better than us today

#7 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

god you lot don't half moan ...........its the reff`s fault we didn't  win .cheat cheat cheat zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
if you had won he would be the best reff ever, I am glad we didn't win you probably be asking for more of our players two add you your team ,,,O sorry the dons (B team )
LOL its was a good game from both sides,admit we didn't play as good as we could but 2 points will do

My thoughts are based on the four times he has reffed Fev ( won 2 drawn 1 lost 1) hardly any sour grapes there; He is inept; Despite the decision he made in awarding Doncasters last try I feel a draw was always going to be the final result; Cook has got Donny playing really well and I do hope you finish third; Good luck;

#8 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

Although the ref was poor and that last try shouldn't of been given we need to remember that they haven't got the benefit of the cop out to go to the screen Also we made some daft errors and again continue to lose the ball when we are in attacking positions we will get better as this team play and train together. Finally let's remember that Donny are not in 3 rd position for nothing

#9 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 727 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

From where I was stood in the last 5 minutes, there wasn't a knock on in the last play for the try. One was flicked backwards, another came off a Fev hand when offloaded, and the next one rolled backwards.

I can understand your frustrations, but you're still at the topend of the table.

I've seen far worse referees.

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights 'editor', Doncaster RLFC.

#10 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

From where I was stood in the last 5 minutes, there wasn't a knock on in the last play for the try. One was flicked backwards, another came off a Fev hand when offloaded, and the next one rolled backwards.

I can understand your frustrations, but you're still at the topend of the table.

I've seen far worse referees.

I think the dvd will confirm your post rob.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#11 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 727 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

I think the dvd will confirm your post rob.

I'll have a look at it on Tuesday when I get the chance.

#12 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Frustration at the result. Dont push all the blame on to the ref.. A draw was a fair result IMO. Cookie bossed his lads around the park in fine style. Even told them where to stand to collect our kicks (which they did in most cases). Shouted at them and motioned to them all through the game. A fine general and as I have stated many many times, something we really lack.

Many of our offences and Donnies were for obstruction when running through with the  ball. It is making a mockery of the game. All the coaches appear to be instructing their teams to carry out this play and is now a regular feature of every team.

Our defensive play has deteriorated since the departure of DP, IMO.

#13 donnytilidie1

donnytilidie1
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

absolutely estatic with the Drawer as I was worried that all the players you have recently signed would be too strong for us but once again my great side produce a fantastic result.  Was unable to attend due to work commitments so I was wondering if the Featherstone website has video Highlights.

#14 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

absolutely estatic with the Drawer as I was worried that all the players you have recently signed would be too strong for us but once again my great side produce a fantastic result. Was unable to attend due to work commitments so I was wondering if the Featherstone website has video Highlights.

get the dvd from the club £5

#15 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

Agree cookie is still a master as a leader , still reads the game as well as anyone and just the type , but probably with his age now not the player ,we need to lead our ever increasingly youthfull side ,

#16 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Anyone who buys the DVD will have a big surprise. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the last play.
Doncaster were given as 'Held up' five minutes earlier but actually grounded the ball. The Ref was awful, I usually can't be bothered slating refs but he was awful.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 15 June 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#17 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

absolutely estatic with the Drawer as I was worried that all the players you have recently signed would be too strong for us but once again my great side produce a fantastic result.  Was unable to attend due to work commitments so I was wondering if the Featherstone website has video Highlights.

We got a wardrobe very pleased with that also.

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

We got a wardrobe very pleased with that also.

im taking my full length mirror back.... its faulty.

#19 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 727 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

Anyone who buys the DVD will have a big surprise. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the last play.
Doncaster were given as 'Held up' five minutes earlier but actually grounded the ball. The Ref was awful, I usually can't be bothered slating refs but he was awful.

Again, I had a pretty decent view of the 'held up', and he grounded the ball twice..

#20 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

When we took the lead the penalty count was 5-5, and ended up 5-10. It looked more like indiscpline though, rather than bad refereeing, but the time when Seijka was 5m from their line and turned back inside, he realised he would be guilty of crossing behind his own players, so stopped and allowed himself to be tackled. Why did this justify a penalty when no advantage was taken? There were numerous other penalties given for obstruction under the new initiative, but these were largely innocuous in no-mans-land with no advantage gained. The pressure on our line after the penalty kicks hurt us badly though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users