Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

REFEREE

ref

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Aye but thats the problem, we aint letting them settle! Keeps rotating players and signing news ones every week. It's bloody daft.

Hes a new coach thats just come in , hes going to have to strengthen to his liking and experiment , ive seen some good things from a few of the young lads weve brought in , were struggling for a 7 at the moment with moore injured but its going to take time ,ive every confidence in Hay , and hopefully through the big changes we will keep getting enough points to stay 2nd , im sure the end result for next season will be a good one , but patience is needed .

#42 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

I think andy hay is going to do the job for us just need the squad to gel and not to much chopping & changeing come on you fev rovers

Edited by old big red, 19 June 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#43 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Yes old big red Godolphin stable team would be nice all our players would be like race horses lol

#44 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

Steve, I think the knock on in 'live play' is as David Byrne once said ' Same as it ever was'. But As I understand it in contact or at the PLB the knock on is more of a loose carry, and is given irrespective of which direction the ball escapes.

Thats as I understand it as well Andy and their hooker appeared to have the ball knocked out of his grasp by the impact of the tackle while going in a forward direction. However it's water under the bridge now and we were lucky to get anything out of the game in reality.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 18 June 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#45 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Thats as I understand it as well Andy and their hooker appeared to have the ball knocked out of his grasp by the impact of the tackle while going in a forward direction. However it's water under the bridge now and we were lucky to get anything out of the game in reality.

Nay Terry! It's about time we had a bit of luck in a game decided by kicks (conversion or drop). Apart from Leigh this season, I'm struggling to recall a time in the last 4 years where the opposition has scored more tries in a game, but we've still managed to lose half a dozen or so.
Maybe our luck is changing?

Edited by Steve Slater, 19 June 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#46 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Nay Terry! It's about time we had a bit of luck in a game decided by kicks (conversion or drop). Apart from Leigh this season, I'm struggling to recall a time in the last 4 years where the opposition has scored more tries in a game, but we've still managed to lose half a dozen or so.
Maybe our luck is changing?

I know we outscored you in our victory last year, but thats about it.

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights 'editor', Doncaster RLFC.

#47 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

We don't exactly have time to spare though do we. We have to be in top 2 and compete in grand final. I don't think we can afford another defeat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users