ref

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 731 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Aye but thats the problem, we aint letting them settle! Keeps rotating players and signing news ones every week. It's bloody daft.

Hes a new coach thats just come in , hes going to have to strengthen to his liking and experiment , ive seen some good things from a few of the young lads weve brought in , were struggling for a 7 at the moment with moore injured but its going to take time ,ive every confidence in Hay , and hopefully through the big changes we will keep getting enough points to stay 2nd , im sure the end result for next season will be a good one , but patience is needed .

#42 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

I think andy hay is going to do the job for us just need the squad to gel and not to much chopping & changeing come on you fev rovers

Edited by old big red, 19 June 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#43 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Yes old big red Godolphin stable team would be nice all our players would be like race horses lol

#44 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

Steve, I think the knock on in 'live play' is as David Byrne once said ' Same as it ever was'. But As I understand it in contact or at the PLB the knock on is more of a loose carry, and is given irrespective of which direction the ball escapes.

Thats as I understand it as well Andy and their hooker appeared to have the ball knocked out of his grasp by the impact of the tackle while going in a forward direction. However it's water under the bridge now and we were lucky to get anything out of the game in reality.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 18 June 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#45 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Thats as I understand it as well Andy and their hooker appeared to have the ball knocked out of his grasp by the impact of the tackle while going in a forward direction. However it's water under the bridge now and we were lucky to get anything out of the game in reality.

Nay Terry! It's about time we had a bit of luck in a game decided by kicks (conversion or drop). Apart from Leigh this season, I'm struggling to recall a time in the last 4 years where the opposition has scored more tries in a game, but we've still managed to lose half a dozen or so.
Maybe our luck is changing?

Edited by Steve Slater, 19 June 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#46 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Nay Terry! It's about time we had a bit of luck in a game decided by kicks (conversion or drop). Apart from Leigh this season, I'm struggling to recall a time in the last 4 years where the opposition has scored more tries in a game, but we've still managed to lose half a dozen or so.
Maybe our luck is changing?

I know we outscored you in our victory last year, but thats about it.

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights 'editor', Doncaster RLFC.

#47 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

We don't exactly have time to spare though do we. We have to be in top 2 and compete in grand final. I don't think we can afford another defeat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users