Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

That's a great effort today lads,massive result for us

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

We needed that win but please Batley play with a bit more composure your going to give me an ulcer!!!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Great effort. Patto was great. And Byron was awesome today. Tough battle that we just about deserved I think. (Although they were better 2nd half).

Where was john Davies? Anyone know?

Also Applegarth didn't look match fit today but put in a decent shift whilst on.

#4 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

Talk about virtually self-destructing! A game that we were reasonably in control of at half time, but a combination of giving away stupid penalties, making bad decisions and, on occasions, rank bad play, meant that we had to play the get out of gaol card when the 3 points should have been comfortably in the bag.

#5 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

not good for the blood pressure that one,we played some super rugby at times with some out wide plays for a change, then some real brainfar**. but at least we held on and showed that we can get back into a game were as a few games since we would a been outplayed and lossed badly. i wish we would do more high bombs as they bring more pressure and  mistakes and are far better than little dinks over that come to nothing. a fantastic advert for the championship and should a been on telly, well done the dogs.

ps.jd were having a breather this week and he were sat over in covered stand with the wags having a nice afternoon,his hard yards were missed for sure.

?? how come stewards were  rightly telling everyone to go out a stand who were smoking yet the official pulling golden gamble had a fag in his gob.looked bad that one. :rtfm: :bb:

#6 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

If we can cut out some of the silly mistakes we'll have a very decent team on our hands. John Kear deserves a lot of plaudits for the way we've turned our form around recently.

Posted Image

#7 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

What an afternoon. Sat in vice presidents lounge at the mount post christening with Twitter feeds. Did we score on last set of game?

A returning kear agreed it was a close one.

How did tiger fair

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#8 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

A returning kear agreed it was a close one.
How did tiger fair

If the half backs had been playing for the opposing team then we would have walked the game.

#9 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

An up and down performance and I think we have played better and lost this season. We did an awful lot of defending throughout the game and we do lack composure. I thought we had lost the game following Byron's loose pass on the 2nd tackle where they eventually scored from. We showed great character to come back at the end.

Big plaudits this week for our right side as I though Paterson had his best game in a Batley shirt, Finngan was excellent and Scott was man of the match for me.

That's 2 on the bounce and winning becomes a habit just like losing. 2 big home games coming up as we need to win both to put some distance between us and the relegation zone.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#10 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

Talk about virtually self-destructing! A game that we were reasonably in control of at half time, but a combination of giving away stupid penalties, making bad decisions and, on occasions, rank bad play, meant that we had to play the get out of gaol card when the 3 points should have been comfortably in the bag.

that sounds like New Ravens last 2 weeks in control at half time then do exactly what batley have done , i wonder if our coach and players have been on a secret mission up to the mount ony difference was we lost, but seriously at this stage of the season a wins a win however its been contrived and it will be wins like these that keep us up and possibly playoffs

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#11 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

Great result for the boys in a very topsy turvy performance we were really good in the first half and fully deserved our 12 pt. lead at half time. In the second we went back to losing the ball and giving penalties away and the Keighley half backs took control. But we faught back took the lead again with the Griffin try. Then Byron decided to try and pass on the 2nd tackle on their line we lost the ball and Keighley duly went downfield and took the lead with less than five minutes to go. Somehow we regained possetion and Patterson capped a fine display with a line break and released Greenwood to canter over the line top result but didnt do my heart problems any favours lol . IMO it was Pattersons best game for the bulldogs and Scott also had a top game .

Well done boys things are starting to come together 2 home games to come and 2 wins would be great and put us well into the mix for the play offs.

#12 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Is it a coincidence that Patto puts in his best performance in a Bulldogs shirt on the day that Faal appears on the pitch warming up at the start? He looks like he is now available but with Patterson playing like that and Griffin close to MOM every week, he will struggle to get in the team.

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

Griffin is a monster who would be in Super League if his defence was of a better quality. Ditto Alex Brown. The plus side - and it's a big plus, is that they're an excellent attacking combination.

Posted Image

#14 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Is it a coincidence that Patto puts in his best performance in a Bulldogs shirt on the day that Faal appears on the pitch warming up at the start? He looks like he is now available but with Patterson playing like that and Griffin close to MOM every week, he will struggle to get in the team.

I think having a full squad to pick from means that those selected are looking at the ones sat in the stand and thinking if I don't play to my full ability I will be sitting up there next week. Yesterday Faal was 18th man and no Davies or Gledhill, plus Brannan will have finished his loan soon, if JK wants to recall him.

#15 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 795 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

I think having a full squad to pick from means that those selected are looking at the ones sat in the stand and thinking if I don't play to my full ability I will be sitting up there next week. Yesterday Faal was 18th man and no Davies or Gledhill, plus Brannan will have finished his loan soon, if JK wants to recall him.

gledhill n jd carrying knocks so i don't think jk wanted to risk them

#16 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

dont forget charlie martin too fred,he seems to wander about with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp but turns up each game.is he getting the hemingway treatment or is just not up to the jk spec..

i love the way things are coming together and players are looking like they want to keep their shirt for a change. :bb:

#17 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Dont forget Jay Leary Fred

#18 phildog

phildog
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

It's all about playing the full 80 minutes. We did it last season, remember Campbell scoring in last minute to get the draw with Halifax and a win at Doncaster plus one or two others? A month ago when our heads were down we'd have settled for a 24-22 loss and a bonus point. Now that confidence is seeping back we're more inclined to keep going. It's no coincidence that Leatherbarrow has improved since Black came back, he's had so many different partners at half back that he hasn't been able to strike up an understanding, now that Black's had half a dozen games Leath has warmed up a bit. Nicholson is hitting form, doubling up well with Blake and IF Applegarth can stay on the field our main positions are clicking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users