Jump to content

TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

- - - - -

REPORT: Featherstone Rovers 22-22 Doncaster RLFC

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Doncaster produced a stunning finish to earn a well deserved  22-22 draw at Featherstone Rovers, as Richard Whiting scored  a dramatic try 30 seconds from time.

The Dons almost made the perfect start when Alex Starling went over inside three minutes, but his effort was disallowed for a knock on.

Doncaster did take the lead though five minutes later, after some great handling Starling found Liam Welham on the overlap who slid over in the left corner.  Dave Scott excellently converted to give Doncaster a 0-6 lead.

Paul Cooke's side extended their lead when Mike Emmett found a way through the Featherstone defence from close range, going over just to the left of the sticks.  Scott made no mistake with the kick, extending Doncaster's advantage.

However four minutes later Featherstone found a way back into the match, Jason Crookes superbly offloaded and Ben Blackmore managed to weave his way to the try line to score.  Harry Siejka was unable to add the extras, as Doncaster held an eight point lead.

The home side reduced the deficit even further when Andy Kain broke fantastically and Danny Bridge in support crossed for Featherstone, with Siejka adding the conversion.

Doncaster hit straight back though, when Richard Wilkinson sent Richard Whiting over in the right corner and Dave Scott continued his 100% kicking record in the match to give Doncaster an 10-18 advantage.

After the break Featherstone came out strongly and Andy Bostock drove his way through the Dons line under the posts to score.  Siejka added the extras to reduce Doncaster's lead to just two points.

Doncaster almost hit back immediately, but Wilkinson was held up.

Following Wilkinson's denial, Featherstone stormed down field and Jan Bussey somehow managed to power his way over under the posts, despite four Dons men trying to stop him.  Siejka added the conversion as Featherstone had the lead for the first time in the match.

Tom Hodson was next to go close for the Dons, he dived for the line in the left corner, but the linesman decided he was in touch, denying him a try against his former club.

Featherstone almost extended their lead, Crookes diving from dummy half on the last tackle was held up by the Dons defence.

Doncaster were again denied ten minutes from time, Liam Colbon was this time held up over the line.

The Dons continued to press and Wilkinson and Whiting again combined, but the latter knocked on with the line gaping as another try went begging.

Just minutes from time Kyle Kesik looked to have scored the try to level the game, despite appearing to have grounded the ball twice, the referee and linesman adjudged that he was held up.

The Dons however were not to be denied, 30 seconds from time, in an amazing turn of events, the ball went through the whole team with Doncaster doing fantastically to keep the ball alive.  The ball was eventually offloaded to Alex Starling who kicked cross field perfectly for Richard Whiting with the Dons two on one and Whiting managed to score the try to the jubilation of the Dons fans.

Dave Scott had the chance to give Doncaster all three points with the difficult conversion on the right touch line, however it floated just inches wide as the siren blew for full time.

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users