Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Cooke: ''We got everything that we deserved"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

<p>Doncaster player coach Paul Cooke spoke to the official website following his sides 22-22 draw with Featherstone Rovers.</p>
<p>The draw leaves Doncaster flying high in third place in the Kingstoes Press Championship after a fine campaign so far.</p>
<p>Richard Whiting scored in the final seconds to secure the draw and Cooke believes it was justified.</p>
<p>He said: "When you score in the last minute it feels like you have got out of jail but I believe we got everything we deserved today.</p>
<p>"We started the game really well and as poor as Featherstone were, we were very good and deserved our half time lead.</p>
<p>"In the second half we conceded two barge overs, they have hardly cut us open, we hung in there and hung in there and we always knew we would get one more chance.</p>
<p>"We had three or four chances, I don't know what Kyle Kesik has to do to be awarded a try, he has got the ball down twice and the referee has said he was held up.</p>
<p>"I thought the least we deserved was a draw and that try at the end.</p>
<p>"We are a team, we are certainly that, you can spend and buy as much as you want, but they have to have time to gel, I am sure Featherstone will be better for pre season next year, when they have settled the squad and have all of their players on board."</p>

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users