Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Lets hope a few start turning up after turn around in form!

#2 wayneg

wayneg
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

Would love to go but this is the point in the season where I start missing games, this weekend Son is doing a charity Abseil then a couple of holidays, weekends away. Won't get to many more games now. 

#3 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

So, who can bring a friend?

#4 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

So, who can bring a friend?

might bring other half,,,, kidding aside its not a mate you need to bring as they aint going to suddenly think thats it am off every week to see us play,  we need to get these folks back who USED to come game after game who seem to have gone missing this year for some reason. plenty a dog fans out their but whats kept em away of late,i know folks do other things but we had a lot more hardcore fans turn up regular away so getting them hooked again should be the main target,

Edited by silverback, 18 June 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#5 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

won't be there next 3 games due to work committments . and also 3rd week its our turn to hold junior RL festival so all hands to the pump. its the ###### side of working shifts  and been involved with local RL,if it was a 3pm ko i might have had a chance of making it but 2 pm kick of absolutely no chance

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#6 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Its a shame fixtures seem to go against the very people who support the game - the volunteer who help out in the amateur game or youth games. Our U15s are playing at home this week and would have gone to watch them but the fixture is on at the same time as Batley v Crusaders. It one of the reasons I don't help out with the youth team - and probably why they struggle to get volunteers. 

I help with the Wheelchair team as their training is on Fridays and their fixtures tend to be Saturdays. But even the RFL don't help out - they organised a meeting when all our officials and volunteers were involved in supporting the running team, and a plea to change the time of the meeting was refused!!

That aside, it will be good to visit Batley - it will be my first time - and I'm really looking  forward to meeting the Bulldogs fans who were in good voice in the Turf earlier this season. We usually take about 50 to 70 fans to away games. We love to sing, drink and meet away fans so stock up on the beer and join in with 'Delilah" when we start!