TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

South Wales away Saturday 2.30 kick off at Blackwood

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

Asked on the Hunslet board about pre-match beer etc, they very kindly replied saying there is a good bar at the ground, friendly bar staff, reasonable prices and good choice of beers, there is also a Weatherspoons nearby

We will probably have a drink at the ground (always think us smaller clubs should try to help support each other financially in any way we can), would be good to see any other Knights fans in their too

Ground address etc:

Glan-yr-Afon Park, Hall St, Blackwood NP12 1NY

Edited by shades2, 16 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#2 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

South Wales Scorpions’ 100th match this Saturday at Blackwood RFC against York City Knights kicks off at 2.30pm. A Conference South game between Valley Cougars and Bristol Sonics precedes it at midday

#3 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

21 Jun KO:14:30 Championship 1 Rd: 14
South Wales Scorpions v York City Knights
Blackwood RFC

Ref: D Sharpe

Belly got 1 match ban - early gulity plea

#4 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

See we won then..

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#5 Barlby Knight 65

Barlby Knight 65
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Very very quiet on here Nowadays ! Another good run out by the lads yesterday & another 3 points , missing a few yesterday aswell so a good result given the distance they had to travel & on a Saturday !!!

#6 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

It's probably quieter on here right now as not many fans are travelling and therefore can't give an opinion on the game. We also don't have many away fans come on here either to add to the discussion. Barring Hunslet & Oldham, we have only had 1 Gloucestershire fan on here right at the start of the season. Come the end of the season though when it really matters I'm sure it will be booming again.

Any how, I didn't go yesterday but it sounded like a good game (via twitter) and any 48-10 victory away from home is good.

YCK

#7 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Comfortable victory in the end.One or two scares early on.They had a try disallowed at 14-4.They started well 2nd half well and scored to make it 22-10.We rode the storm and had no problems from then on in.Think next week will be a different kettle if fish altogether.Hemel away is a seriously tough ask.After reading the match report from there game at Hunslet,seems they like to rough things up a bit.Barry Eaton was not a happy man after the game saying he didn't like the way Hemel play the game.So looks like discipline will be a key factor.Cant afford any stupid penalties or players getting sent off.

Posted Image

#8 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

Very quiet on here Barlby so not sure why we need another topic? - I try to put a topic on here every week for the upcoming weekend game to try & get some opinions, interest etc pre-match & then post match re-action

Anyway, thought the lads did really well on a dodgy pitch on a red hot day - loads of bare patches & loads of skin missing from some of the lads we saw after the game, quite a few could have got MOM, but a few inconsistant performances, thought Ed Smith was really good, half backs ran the game, Roche & Backhouse really took the ball in.

Overall got to be very happy with what we saw, well done lads

#9 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

Very quiet on here Barlby so not sure why we need another topic? - I try to put a topic on here every week for the upcoming weekend game to try & get some opinions, interest etc pre-match & then post match re-action

Anyway, thought the lads did really well on a dodgy pitch on a red hot day - loads of bare patches & loads of skin missing from some of the lads we saw after the game, quite a few could have got MOM, but a few inconsistant performances, thought Ed Smith was really good, half backs ran the game, Roche & Backhouse really took the ball in.

Overall got to be very happy with what we saw, well done lads

You don't seem to like anyone else putting a fresh angle on the same topic on here Shades. You've admonished Barlby for doing it and you did the same to me a few weeks back. I've had a few ex posters tell me that is why they are just that, ex posters, that's one of the reasons it's so quiet on here. They don't like comments like that. Actually, I think it's a good idea to have a pre match topic and then after the game a post match topic as it saves having to scroll through all the pre match stuff and search for where the post match comments start. That's why I'm sure we DO need another topic. You did ask.

Edited by Clarence St, 23 June 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#10 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

You don't seem to like anyone else putting a fresh angle on the same topic on here Shades. You've admonished Barlby for doing it and you did the same to me a few weeks back. I've had a few ex posters tell me that is why they are just that, ex posters, that's one of the reasons it's so quiet on here. They don't like comments like that. Actually, I think it's a good idea to have a pre match topic and then after the game a post match topic as it saves having to scroll through all the pre match stuff and search for where the post match comments start. That's why I'm sure we DO need another topic. You did ask.

I don't think it needed another topic, and he copied and pasted exactly what he said in this one into the 'new' one. And as for scrolling through all the pre match posts, there were 3 posts. OR you could try this..

uWsOQKm.png

Edited by YCKonstantine, 23 June 2014 - 07:23 PM.

2014 SQL League Leader

#11 Barlby Knight 65

Barlby Knight 65
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

May god strike me down for copy & pasting !!!!! Was merely trying to drum up a bit of interest but in future won't bother !!! Would appear only certain people can start topics though it is an open forum ! Apologies if I've stepped on people's toes , ha ha

#12 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

Exactly the reason I don't post on here either, got sick of the pick ups or put downs, I now just share my match views with the guys I stand with, shame really as this forum used to be one of the busiest and interesting, Shades you will shortly end up talking 100% to yourself, mission accomplished.
Posted Image

#13 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

May god strike me down for copy & pasting !!!!! Was merely trying to drum up a bit of interest but in future won't bother !!! Would appear only certain people can start topics though it is an open forum ! Apologies if I've stepped on people's toes , ha ha

Merely pointing out that if no-one replied to it in this topic why would anyone reply to it in another topic when this is the dedicated match topic. There doesn't need to be another one, it just makes the forum messy and confusing.

Anyway, people only seem to care about the tipsters challenge nowadays, so..

2014 SQL League Leader

#14 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

Exactly the reason I don't post on here either, got sick of the pick ups or put downs, I now just share my match views with the guys I stand with, shame really as this forum used to be one of the busiest and interesting, Shades you will shortly end up talking 100% to yourself, mission accomplished.

So asking why we need another topic is a put down - surely one topic keeps it simple & as said previously there is not exactly a lot to look through?

When you talk to the guys you stand with do you always agree with each other 100%?

Probably no which is what opinions are all about & I am more than happy to put mine on here & don't lose any sleep whatsoever over the fact others may disagree with me

Lifes to short...just have a look at other boards to see just how much diverse opinion you get - Fev fans etc don't seem to have a problem with saying what they think & in no way do they agree on most topics so why do I have to act differently?

I try my hardest to spark some interest in our club - keeping people up to date with match info, team info, where us fans can meet for a drink etc - thats all

Edited by shades2, 24 June 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#15 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

I am with Clarence st. and Andypk,

Have not posted on here for over a year lost interest, I give and take sarcasm/criticsm with the best on here on rugby related topics but when certain r-soles start attacking me and my home life thought it time to call it a day,  as it   had nothing to do with rugby it was about personalities and many more have suffered the same, should this continue you will be on your own shades, shame as this was one of the best ruby informative forums on here now one of the worst.

ala

#16 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

I am with Clarence st. and Andypk,

Have not posted on here for over a year lost interest, I give and take sarcasm/criticsm with the best on here on rugby related topics but when certain r-soles start attacking me and my home life thought it time to call it a day,  as it   had nothing to do with rugby it was about personalities and many more have suffered the same, should this continue you will be on your own shades, shame as this was one of the best ruby informative forums on here now one of the worst.

ala

Ala - not sure if you are refering to me in the bit about 'attacking me & my home life - please explain as I don't think I have ever done either

Thanks

#17 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Shades

no it was not you, always found you courteous with your opinions , may not have agreed with some but that's what this forum was about ?

ala

#18 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Shades

no it was not you, always found you courteous with your opinions , may not have agreed with some but that's what this forum was about ?

ala

Thanks for that Ala - you have just upset loads of people though as I was about to jack it in !!

Also just want to point out that I was contacted by the very top Knights person & asked to keep putting stuff on here to keep the club in the spotlight - as a result, if you look back, some stuff has been on here very early when compared with other media outlets.......

#19 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

Shades
wont be posting again unless asked, good luck

ala

#20 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

Shades
wont be posting again unless asked, good luck

ala

Sorry to here that

From Sunday - Ben Reynolds got player of the week & the following in team of the week - well done to all:

3 James Ford (York City Knights)

5 Ben Dent (York City Knights)

6 Ben Reynolds (York City Knights)

10 Brad Brennan (York City Knights)

12 Ryan Backhouse (York City Knights)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users