Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

USA V Samoa

USA v Samoa

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Southern Tiger

Southern Tiger
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

Good international initiative, but surely Samoa will be far too strong?

Attached Files

If you don't like Rugby League, you don't like Rugby

Posted Image

#2 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:22 AM

This seems to be an AmNRL event, and the last wag of the tail from a dying dog.  I imagine it is a team of remaining AmNRL players and rugby union players against a team of USA based Samoan rugby union players.

Also, despite it being AmNRL, there is no specific mention of rugby league.

Edited by Bob8, 17 June 2014 - 06:23 AM.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#3 sjrugby

sjrugby
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:06 AM

but what if the AMNRL loses its sanction, and USARL is granted as the "owners" of a national team.

#4 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

but what if the AMNRL loses its sanction, and USARL is granted as the "owners" of a national team.

The AmNRL are playing a generic 'rugby'.  I very much doubt that the Samoan RL are behind the game.  

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#5 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

It's being promoted on the Samoa fb rl page now, with a version of the poster with 'league' inserted under the 'rugby'!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#6 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

Also lacks a key bit info.. Where?

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#7 wackojacko

wackojacko
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

Aloha Stadium, Hawaii I think. The poster on the Samoan FB is much better IIRC.

#8 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

INTERNATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE: USA Tomahawks World Cup vs Rugby League Samoa (RLS) at Aloha Stadium - Rugby League International Federation RLIF sanctioned Test match featuring two of 2013 Rugby League World Cup semi-finalist. Check fb: Grand Pacific Events for updates, entertainment schedule, player profiles and more.

https://www.facebook...ndPacificEvents

#9 GeordieGiant

GeordieGiant
  • Twitter
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

USA to play Samoa in Hawaii with NSW Country facing a Hawaiian outfit! Great news, and what's more it looks like this is  just an AMNRL team not a USARL/AMNRL united side.  

Edited by GeordieGiant, 16 July 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#10 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

USA to play Samoa in Hawaii with NSW Country facing a Hawaiian outfit! Great news, and what's more it looks like this is a USARL/AMNRL united team 

I cannot see any reference to the USARL on the poster, am I missing something?  

I know rugby league in Hawaii was largely based on RU players (as RL generally is to start with), and affiliated with the AmNRL.  It then started becoming a little more independent, but now might be the only remenent of the AmNRL left.

#11 sjrugby

sjrugby
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

seems to be AMNRL last ditch effort to keep things going and build what ever they can off the WC performance.

#12 bird

bird
  • Coach
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Aren't Hawai  a member of the Asia-Pacific Federation?

#13 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

They are not listed as a member of Asia-Pacific Federation here:

http://www.rlif.com/.../confederations

#14 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 894 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

I read somewhere that Nui and a few others were set to launch a 'Rugby League Federation of America' and were bidding for RLIF membership. So it doesn't look like the AMNRL v USARL is over yet. 

#15 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

I read somewhere that Nui and a few others were set to launch a 'Rugby League Federation of America' and were bidding for RLIF membership. So it doesn't look like the AMNRL v USARL is over yet. 

If that's the case, the new body shouldn't get membership. It should be USARL

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#16 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

Rugby leage federation of America
http://www.lookupbea...-of-america-ltd

#17 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

USA 18

Samoa 12

#18 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

http://www1.skysport...awks-and-canada

rldfsignature.jpg

#19 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 590 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

I don't understand David Niu. He drops his involvement in league at a whim a year or so ago, and all of a sudden he reappears as if nothing happened and starts to make waves in the scene again, this after having allowed the work he'd previously put in to all but wither away. It makes no sense, and gets right on my wick.

#20 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

I don't understand David Niu. He drops his involvement in league at a whim a year or so ago, and all of a sudden he reappears as if nothing happened and starts to make waves in the scene again, this after having allowed the work he'd previously put in to all but wither away. It makes no sense, and gets right on my wick.

It was a bit of work he did and all the work he took credit for.