Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kear to Odsal?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

I guess you have a point - supporters, volunteers,etc are bottom of the pile when it comes to information that can make or break a small club like ours. We just get on with it, with heads in the sand!

#42 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

I guess you have a point - supporters, volunteers,etc are bottom of the pile when it comes to information that can make or break a small club like ours. We just get on with it, with heads in the sand!

What planet are you on, With JK having coached at top level, everytime there is a SL coach vacancy his name is always going to get bandied about ,so should the club have to issue a statement every time this happens? Its part and parcel of having a highly respected coach up at the mount. I'm sure JK will know what he is doing and all thoughts will be on tomorrows game rather than goings on at the Bulls and that the appropriate people know whats going on as in BOD and the players.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#43 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

Just ask him after the game, he'll more than likely give you an honest answer.

#44 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Who has a point? I believe, and have posted this before, that we as a cohort of supporters are kept informed as much as any and often more than other club's supporters.
It clearly makes no sense for the club to comment on every rumour and half-truth that is placed in the media or mentioned by the bloke who we meet in the pub.

l wonder if you have an agenda here or perhaps an axe to grind against the club.
Perhaps you are the long lost stevieb who has disappeared since his rant after the Dewsbury game!

#45 phildog

phildog
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

I've been one who has advocated that the club should make certain statements in the past about a number of things which have really been in the public domain, but I would also ay that if there is nothing to say, then they needn't be on here every two minutes telling us that there's nothing to say! We're now worrying about the Byron Smith transfer rumours - if they are true the club will make a statement when they feel it appropriate, just like they did last season when rumours were flying around about players leaving and coming in. Batley have always behaved like gentlemen when it comes to negotiations etc and will continue to do so. I also hope that John Kear stays, but should he be approached by The Bulls, then I am sure that the directors would give their blessing and their thanks to him for what he has done here. He has coached top flight before admittedly as a younger man and under a completely different type of game, but why shouldn't he take the opportunity to have another go? I'm sure John is keeping abreast of developments, but not letting it interfere with his job in hand, and with the upturn in our fortunes of late I'm sure he won't be too upset if he doesn't get the Odsal job.

#46 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

Just to confirm that I am not stevie B or Battler, neither have I an axe to grind against the club I have supported and loved for many years . Having said all that, I have the same right to an opinion as some of you guys have.

#47 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

Just to confirm that I am not stevie B or Battler, neither have I an axe to grind against the club I have supported and loved for many years . Having said all that, I have the same right to an opinion as some of you guys have.

l apologise then. However. Your 'head in the sand' comment appears to be unreasonably critical and suggestive of ignorance on the part of supporters.

Equally l cannot see anywhere on any post suggesting you are not entitled to an opinion.

#48 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

Nah JK won't have applied for this position if he didn't apply for the Cas job...isnt that right colin ? :onthequiet:

#49 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

Nah JK won't have applied for this position if he didn't apply for the Cas job...isnt that right colin ? :onthequiet:

What you post has no logic to it. You suggested that JK had applied for the Cas job based on what you would have done if you were JK. Colin put that argument to bed. Now you are suggesting that JK will not apply for the Bradford post because he did not apply for the aCas job! The two subjects are entirely unrelated surely other than in your fertile imagination.

#50 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 795 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

Bradford set annouce to jimmy lowes at 9.15am tuesday

#51 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Bradford set annouce to jimmy lowes at 9.15am tuesday

Cheers for the club statement fella

Stick us £20 on lowes 😉😉
Posted Image

#52 wayneg

wayneg
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Article on BBC about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/27974053

#53 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Morrison looks desperate to leave dewsbury!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#54 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

If Morrison leaves Dewsbury, it's nailed on that Francis Cummins will take over from him. I'd say that'd be a pretty fair swap.

Posted Image

#55 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,480 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Article on BBC about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/27974053

A sensational interpretation of the interview on R Leeds after the Doncaster game. He is young and ambitious however, so it would be no surprise that he fancies a coaching job in SL. That wouldn't make such a good story though, would it?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#56 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 795 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Cheers for the club statement fella

Stick us £20 on lowes 😉😉

i'll spend the winnings well

#57 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Absolutely. Still waiting for your proof that he did APPLY for the Cas job. You have a nice side step when it comes to backing up your ''facts''.Bet you were a good stand off in your day. :P :P :P

Edited by colinb, 24 June 2014 - 01:27 PM.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#58 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Absolutely. Still waiting for your proof that he did APPLY for the Cas job. You have a nice side step when it comes to backing up your ''facts''.Bet you were a good stand off in your day. :P :P :P

Jobs like the Cas & Bulls jobs aren't even 'applied for', you don't throw your hat in the ring......they approach who they want. Deano is talking out of his bottom.

#59 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

What you post has no logic to it. You suggested that JK had applied for the Cas job based on what you would have done if you were JK. Colin put that argument to bed. Now you are suggesting that JK will not apply for the Bradford post because he did not apply for the aCas job! The two subjects are entirely unrelated surely other than in your fertile imagination.

zzzzzz.....unlike your imagination eh ? you and your buddy colin believe JK wouldn't leave batley for anywhere....I mean why on earth would he want to leave Batley ? dream on

#60 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Jobs like the Cas & Bulls jobs aren't even 'applied for', you don't throw your hat in the ring......they approach who they want. Deano is talking out of his bottom.

another one......you talk absolute rubbish pal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users