Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Manning Ban

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

Dane Manning as been banned for 10 matches for the incident against Sam Barlow
Im Fev and im proud

#2 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Not enough in my opinion , ive seen amateur lads get life bans for a lot less .

#3 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

I can't believe that only Manning and Haggerty have been up before the disciplinary following that game. I really thought that they'd been charged quickly as they were the two sent off, and others would be cited following review of the video. I can only conclude that whoever reviewed it needs to urgently visit the referees' sponsor.

Haggerty got 2 games following an EGP.

#4 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

Halifax fans seem to be of the opinion that because it was Sam Barlow you can shoot, hang and dismember him without any worry of being banned......and that seems to be the majority of them from the thread on their forum.

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#5 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

I can't believe that only Manning and Haggerty have been up before the disciplinary following that game. I really thought that they'd been charged quickly as they were the two sent off, and others would be cited following review of the video. I can only conclude that whoever reviewed it needs to urgently visit the referees' sponsor.

Haggerty got 2 games following an EGP.

Is that wishful thinking on your part?
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#6 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

Cant believe that the exact same tackle that rangi chase produced on tangi ropati only got him a 3 match ban and a fine. Same tackle but because its championship, the punishment is harsher. Shoulf be an instant 10 match for tackles like that and a £200 fine. Waint do it again.

#7 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

Is that wishful thinking on your part?

No, but there's more than those 2 throwing punches and the precedent is that anyone doing that is called up. Some very lucky lads from both teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users