Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

5 Minutes with Carl Hall

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

What did you make of the draw at Featherstone?

Sunday was a good result, we should have won. People are saying that a draw was a fair result, but I think we should have won.

We had a couple of tries disallowed, Kyle Kesik was trying to bury the ball and dig a hole and it still wasn’t given. We got what we deserved in the end as it was better than a defeat, so we’re happy and we did a good job.

To go on the road for a month and get eight points out of a possible nine is excellent, I don’t think we can complain about that.

Had you set yourself a points target?

We’ve over-achieved the targets that were set at the start of the season already if I’m being honest, so we’re happy.

It’s a massive effort from the players; they deserve a lot of credit for it. To go on the road for a month is tough and they’ve applied themselves well and they’ve played great rugby. They deserve a massive amount of respect for that.

What message does it send to the rest of the division?

We’re just going about our business. To go to Featherstone and get the result was massive; they’ve made a lot of top class signings this last week and a lot of personnel changes so you could argue we caught them at a good time but I’m pretty sure they’ll be a different side in a few weeks when they've played more together.

They’re obviously making a lot of noise which we’re all aware of but I think other clubs are aware of it too.

It’s pretty easy to go there and play your natural game because they’ve made statements that they're not going to lose for the rest of the year. With this in mind, we went with nothing to lose and just played our game.

There will be more from Carl Hall on Friday ahead of the Dons trip to Dewsbury #COYD #Makethe8

View the full article