• 229 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Still have him back in a batley shirt

#4 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

Barlow has made a career out of nasty cheap shots, bullying, late shots, fighting and countless other misdemeanours. Manning was out of order but it was only a matter of time.

#5 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

Barlow has made a career out of nasty cheap shots, bullying, late shots, fighting and countless other misdemeanours. Manning was out of order but it was only a matter of time.

good shout....even though barlow played for us he has always been a sh*thouse and bully, although i dont actually recall him ever squaring up with anyone his own size.

#6 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

sorry guys.sam might a played with a lot a fire in his belly and maybe a few cheap shots here and their but "good shout" come on guys he dident even see it coming,the lad could a been out the game for years.dont get me wrong i love the dickins  tonks  scottys a the game but manning were well out of order.

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

sorry guys.sam might a played with a lot a fire in his belly and maybe a few cheap shots here and their but "good shout" come on guys he dident even see it coming,the lad could a been out the game for years.dont get me wrong i love the dickins tonks scottys a the game but manning were well out of order.

Agree. There have always been nigglers and wind-up merchants in the game. However, retribution by attempting to deliberately inflict a SERIOUS injury is totally unacceptable. The need for self control is a massive factor in any sport, and Manning showed absolutely none. Anyone remember his attempt to decapitate Keegan Hirst on Boxing Day, 2011?

Posted Image

#8 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

Funny how Danny Maun was "innocent" for a much worse pre meditated "challenge" one eyes and short memories to the fore me thinks.

Edited by Gary Coyle, 19 June 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#9 cally

cally
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

I have seen barlow do some nasty and cowardly stuff on the pitch 3rd man in and leading with forearm. don,t wish to see anyone injured badly in rugby league but the old saying he who lives by the sword seems apt here.

#10 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

I agree serious foul play is very distasteful.

It would also be distasteful to say if you enjoyed seeing the cowardly enigma of Sam Barlow being scraped up from the turf.

It looked very similar to the one he did on Keegan Hurst in (I think 2011) for which he got a two game ban.

#11 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

Great talent dane but likes the biff too much and may need an enforced career change to cage fighting.

Barlow was assaulted not tackled and there was obviously a game plan somewhere which included silliness

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#12 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

Apparently there was a lot went on in the dressing room after the game too that the RFL are looking into, wouldnt be surprised if the ban gets extended.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,272 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

Apparently there was a lot went on in the dressing room after the game too that the RFL are looking into, wouldnt be surprised if the ban gets extended.

I always thought that "what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room" or is that just a cliche?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

I always thought that "what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room" or is that just a cliche?

In your own dressing room maybe, but I think if the referee is involved and you are in the opposition dressing room or physio room and complaints are made they cant really overlook it.

Edited by buford t justice, 21 June 2014 - 12:43 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users