Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Three new Directors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Three new directors will form an executive board at Rochdale Hornets "to drive the club forward". The club says the move shows the ambition of the Championship club and sends out a clear message of intention to all supporters, members and their rivals.

Rochdale Business Woman of the year, Julie Bowmer, former RFL European Development Director Niel Wood and London based hospitality guru Richard Lamb will join current co-opted director, marketing expert Martin Ballard on the new executive board, which will operate under the guidance of the club’s elected board. Club President Paul Ormerod and Chairman Mark Wynn, elected members, will serve on the board alongside Chief Executive Ryan Bradley.

#2 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

Good luck to all three new board members (four including Martin) - hopefully this will provide some dynamic, professional input and drive the club forward

Lets hope they arnt presented with any additional challenges like extra stewarding costs  :haha:

#3 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:15 AM

Has Wood finished with Salford then? He was going to turn them around - I dont see what he has achieved there in terms of results and attendence.

http://www.mancheste...ty-reds-5795219

Note the reference to Salford being THE club in greater Manchester.  Presumably he has changed his tune since last August.

#4 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

It looks like a board within a board to me. A touch of the animal farm syndrome. How long before the pigs kick the other animals into a different stable selling golden gambles and organising the sandwiches?

#5 Hornets Nest

Hornets Nest
  • Coach
  • 619 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

It looks like a board within a board to me. A touch of the animal farm syndrome. How long before the pigs kick the other animals into a different stable selling golden gambles and organising the sandwiches?

No matter what Wynny tells you or rambling nonsence about this that or the other.... running a club like Hornets involves one thing - MONEY. Ask Mr Omerod. Lets see how much the new Board members generate. Harsh reality is, have as many womens teams as you want, attendance and carnavals - great stuff, dropping in at Commuinity Centre etc etc but what type of team does this finance?

Next Stop Halifax .... good trip

#6 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

In all honesty Hornets Nest I have no problem with Mark, I just think they are going against the core principles of what the new concept was about. I personally only saw Mr. Vining throwing big money in to the club, I think a few others following the sale of the old ground could have looked after the family silver a bit better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users