Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

http://www.batleybul...to-the-bulldogs

#2 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

So, another one returns. Who will be next?
Welcome back Wayne, more options for JK and pressure on the shirt holder to keep up their level of performance.

#3 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

So, another one returns. Who will be next?
Welcome back Wayne, more options for JK and pressure on the shirt holder to keep up their level of performance.

Think he might replace alex brown whose loan period from Leigh expires soon.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#4 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

Think he might replace alex brown whose loan period from Leigh expires soon.

brown is week to week so its up to leigh if they ever wanna call him back

#5 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

Not over excited as not impressed first time round

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013 Relegated  2014"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#6 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

Returned the ball with ferocious intent but his defence seemed suspect

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#7 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

Not everybody's cup of tea as a winger as he isn't going to go 90 metres like Potts or Johnson. However fits in very well with the way we play with wingers taking the ball in from dummy half to give the forwards a rest. As much as Finnigan has vastly improved over the last month he isn't going to make 10-15 yards every carry like Rettie will. In the same way that Brown does and JC started to do last year. He's a very direct and strong runner and much better defensively now too in my opinion.

Plus with his hustle bustle style he excites the crowd at times.

Good signing for me

#8 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

He scored a couple of belters against us at the Shay last season.

#9 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

wayne always plays like he wants to win and not just take part so he will do for me,welcome back fella.

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

To quote John Kear "I will only bring in players who will improve the side and who are better than what we have already", so he clearly thinks a lot of Rettie.

He was pretty average when here first time round, although his aggressive style made him a bit of a cult hero with some fans, me included.

If he can harness his agression and channel it into a more positive direction, he will do a good job for us.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes on Sunday.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#11 Jason Basin

Jason Basin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

think it's a good signing for you. always plays well against dewsbury and fights for every yard.

#12 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

He'll do for me, glad to see him back

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#13 sussex rover

sussex rover
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

To quote John Kear "I will only bring in players who will improve the side and who are better than what we have already", so he clearly thinks a lot of Rettie.

He was pretty average when here first time round, although his aggressive style made him a bit of a cult hero with some fans, me included.

If he can harness his agression and channel it into a more positive direction, he will do a good job for us.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes on Sunday.

another signing hope your not out with the begging buckets :onthequiet:

#14 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

another signing hope your not out with the begging buckets :onthequiet:

Calm down. It's not like Reittie is Danny Brough, Brett Ferres or Eorl Crabtree.

Posted Image

#15 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

Like it, we're suffering from a serious case of return to form right now, building up spirit and getting players on top of their game, Rettie was always up for it, hope he's reined in his aggressiveness and will use it in the right place. More concerned about the Smith affair, how come we're hearing all about it from Halifax fans and their site yet nobody's mentioning it from our club perspective, and when is it supposed to happen? Assume he will see out his contract this season?

#16 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

Like it, we're suffering from a serious case of return to form right now, building up spirit and getting players on top of their game, Rettie was always up for it, hope he's reined in his aggressiveness and will use it in the right place. More concerned about the Smith affair, how come we're hearing all about it from Halifax fans and their site yet nobody's mentioning it from our club perspective, and when is it supposed to happen? Assume he will see out his contract this season?

Perhaps no-one's mentioning it from our club's perspective because there's nothing to mention?

Posted Image

#17 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

God help the club if they are expected to make an announcement every time there is the slightest bit of unfounded message board gossip they are expected to comment. I prefer them to run the club in the way that the are. Releasing info as and when it's worth releasing.

As for the Smith rumour, he has been a great servant for the club but if he goes to Halifax or wherever I wish him well. He's done his best and if he moves on I'm sure we'll fill his shirt and hopeful a bigger sized one.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#18 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

Wasn't he at fax before?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users