Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow Away (Sunday) who is coming ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

I'm a proud Swintonian tonight. Well played lads! Keep fighting. WE ARE SWINTON !

#22 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

Good WIN today, 3 on the bounce, shock result for workington today against fev but we must keep this run going next against them and we should be right in the mix....

Wayne

#23 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

A massive win. Three in a row. What was rather good about this win was that i thought we were nowhere near as good as we were against Rochdale and NWC yet we still managed to win and take the bonus point away from Barrow. We've given ourselves a chance, four from four would mean we are right back in the fight.

Barber with five tries in two games, an inspired signing. Titch was solid back at FB and Gaz O'Brien was breaking through for fun. Some very soft tries conceded, especially early in the second half, that must be improved if we are to win next week. Come on Lions! We want four!

#24 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

A great win today

Edited by duffymoon, 23 June 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#25 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Whilst I cannot fault Ryan shaw kicking 4 from 4 today, do Barrow really prefer him kicking to Ian Mort?

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#26 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

A great win but tinged with sadness after the terrible accident in Swinton this afternoon resulting in the loss of two young lives.

A really awful incident involving the loss of two young lives and my condolences go out to the respective families. However I feel it didn't need to be tagged into this thread since this is all about a resurgent Lions.
I am not being ignorant of the loss of life but feel that enough people will pay the proper due respect on other media sites.

#27 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

Sorry to hear your view s Alan but I just thought that as the club is supposedly part of the community I thought in this instance it was relevant but no problem I will delete my post.

#28 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

Great performance by the Lions. If not for the lapses at the start of both halves it could have been a big score. Every one of the lads played superbly in the hot sunshine of Barrow (not often that phrase is used!).
Well done guys...let's keep this run going at Park Lane next Sunday.

#29 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

See if we can sign on those 3 Oyster Catchers too, they were quick across the turf!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#30 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

See if we can sign on those 3 Oyster Catchers too, they were quick across the turf!

too late mate Bobby G has already done a deal with their agent to replace the dross in our side ;-)

Edited by morty, 24 June 2014 - 11:16 AM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users