Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

This forum.....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

...is as dead as our club!

#2 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

it's dead, because people would rather slag the club off than go

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

it's dead, because people would rather slag the club off than go

well said. People dont post now because likes of superdude just slag everything off

#4 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Yoinks!!

People don't post or attend matches for reasons other than me ladies.

#5 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Don't quite understand why people are not posting just because of a rude minority. 

#6 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

To be honest there doesn't seem much to chat about this season, home games are few and far between (a month to the next home game ridiculous) and people are finding other things to do, and get out of the habit of going to the games.

I know of at least 6 people who were loyal supporters home and away who never attend games now

#7 Steve the Roughyed

Steve the Roughyed
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

Higgy has it spot on and it is exactly what i have said in previous posts.  The league structure in Championship one is appalling and the lack of regular home/away alternating fixtures is a factor in people getting out of the habit.  In my case the switch to summer has also been a negative both because my own sporting activity conflicts with the time and once out of the habit there are more alternatives on offer in the summer.  Of the remaining four home fixtures I can make two at most and they are both against the same team.  Not exactly inspiring.

#8 winedrinkerme

winedrinkerme
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

Not been this season on shifts now and as you say games all over the place so have found other interest that last all year  but watch this space if Bradford and London get relegated it would be a miracle the rugby league (sorry sky) would alter the rules any comments and we will loose the play offs again only missed a handful of games in 6 years but we need to go up to the championship and then see if we can get any investment

#9 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

I think things will improve next season, with regards to regular fixtures. There is still the promise of possible promotion, but even if this is not achieved, next seasons fixture structure should be much better with around 15 teams in the league to play a straight home and away format.

#10 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

14 teams next season so 26 league games and the northern rail cup back under different format. UpTheYeds

#11 andykenny

andykenny
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Mr Dude.

You are only allowed to say nice things on here.I would love to say nice things myself but all I see are falling crowds and a team almost destined to just miss out on promotion.What can I say.Despite this nearly went to Gateshead but was otherwise engaged.Still 6 members of my family went.So I think I am entitled to my opinion.

Edited by andykenny, 23 June 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#12 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

There are many things wrong at the club, but falling crowds is one thing the stay aways can correct themselves, this may then lead to the club having more money to correct the other things.

#13 andykenny

andykenny
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

You say stay aways as though there is some protest.I think it is something else.Lack of interest and apathy. Causes,well you all know them.The Oldham forum used to get a lot more interest and always show the most topics and replies in the division.Now it is third.Repeat what happened last year and the average attendance will drop again as it has done year on year.

#14 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

I'd add lack of credibility to the apathy and lack of interest. Even if we were to win the play off final (and I wouldn't bet on that using someone else's money), we don't, and, I suspect, we won't, have a ground up to a sufficient standard for the Championship. So, in the eyes of a lot of people, who are now staying away, this club is going nowhere but backwards. And, just to show that I'm not getting at CH, speccies can blame whoever they want for the club's woes, there are many RL people in Oldham who just don't care about this rapidly shrinking former giant any more.

Just to show this is not an entirely negative post, I have to say I'm enjoying the entertainment value this season far more than I have for a good number of years. Years ago, that and results were all that mattered. Judged by the continuing dip in attendances each season, the C word mentioned earlier now counts every bit as much.

Edited by RunItOffAfi, 24 June 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#15 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

You nearly said what you really think there "runitofafi". But if you want to be positive thats great, and we mustn't up set the fat controller must we!someone earlier stated that the people of oldham are apathetic towards ORL. Apathy is so much worse than fustrated people letting of a bit of steam about our current leadership, ground or status in the game.

#16 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

All I can say is that the present teams we play against save for 2 feels very much like a team rugby from the 90's. Havin said that the oldham A team got bigger crowds

The 2014 team are trying to play good free flowing rugby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users