Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Carl Hall ''There is a lot of belief in this team''

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

<p>Following on from the Dons great performance at Featherstone last week, Carl Hall spoke more about the club&rsquo;s season so far gave his thoughts ahead of Dewsbury on Sunday.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>Do you feel like you keep proving people wrong?</strong></p>
<p>It doesn't matter to us what people think, we just play and give our all every week. If we&rsquo;re close near the end of a game, we feel like we give ourselves a good chance of winning the game.</p>
<p>A lot of that comes from the game at Sheffield (where the Dons won 42-34), we were down 28-12 at half time and we came back to win. That&rsquo;s where the confidence has come from, if we&rsquo;re down with ten or fifteen minutes to play, you don&rsquo;t see them panicking, you see the belief that they can win the game and they grind sets out and score a try and they know they can get another one if they get to the right areas of the field.</p>
<p>There&rsquo;s a lot of belief in this team. I read somewhere that someone believes Doncaster&rsquo;s bubble will burst. We are over half way &nbsp;through the season, and I don&rsquo;t see it &ndash; we&rsquo;ll play the same whether it&rsquo;s the first or last game of the season. Clubs have &nbsp;all picked up injuries along the way but we just worry about what we&rsquo;re doing and let others worry about what they&rsquo;re doing.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>How do you assess the Dewsbury game &ndash; is it a &lsquo;bonus&rsquo; game?</strong></p>
<p>Dewsbury is a tough place to go. We haven&rsquo;t beaten Dewsbury for a couple of years, whether it be home, away or play offs, they always seem to win by a couple of points.</p>
<p>They&rsquo;re always a hard team for us, but if we play how we can play, we need to be confident. It&rsquo;s another tricky game.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>Do you feel you&rsquo;re getting the press or recognition you deserve?</strong></p>
<p>From our own fans, yes. From the outside world, no. Outside of Doncaster, though, we&rsquo;re not really bothered as we want to stay under the radar and keep pinching points and surprise everyone by being where we want to be.</p>
<p>I&rsquo;d like to think with seven out of our last ten games at home, I would hope people come down and have a look because they&rsquo;ll realise they have a team they can be proud of. The club has done really well in the last three or four years and I want the people of Doncaster to realise that and get behind us.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>You&rsquo;ve set it up now for a grandstand finish&hellip;</strong></p>
<p>We have, and we&rsquo;ve got some big clubs coming to the Keepmoat but that&rsquo;s what we want. If we can draw the crowds and do a job, I&rsquo;m sure they&rsquo;ll flock back.</p>
<p>It&rsquo;s taken some time and I&rsquo;m a realist, the people of Doncaster have been burnt time and again, but we&rsquo;re secure now and everyone in the town is &nbsp;talking about us what I would say is when we are next at the Keepmoat come and have a look at us I&rsquo;m sure you won&rsquo;t be disappointed next home game Sunday 29<sup>th</sup> June V Whitehaven 3pm. We just need the support to continue which will hopefully help us &nbsp;reach the next level.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users