Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Carl Hall ''There is a lot of belief in this team''

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

<p>Following on from the Dons great performance at Featherstone last week, Carl Hall spoke more about the club&rsquo;s season so far gave his thoughts ahead of Dewsbury on Sunday.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>Do you feel like you keep proving people wrong?</strong></p>
<p>It doesn't matter to us what people think, we just play and give our all every week. If we&rsquo;re close near the end of a game, we feel like we give ourselves a good chance of winning the game.</p>
<p>A lot of that comes from the game at Sheffield (where the Dons won 42-34), we were down 28-12 at half time and we came back to win. That&rsquo;s where the confidence has come from, if we&rsquo;re down with ten or fifteen minutes to play, you don&rsquo;t see them panicking, you see the belief that they can win the game and they grind sets out and score a try and they know they can get another one if they get to the right areas of the field.</p>
<p>There&rsquo;s a lot of belief in this team. I read somewhere that someone believes Doncaster&rsquo;s bubble will burst. We are over half way &nbsp;through the season, and I don&rsquo;t see it &ndash; we&rsquo;ll play the same whether it&rsquo;s the first or last game of the season. Clubs have &nbsp;all picked up injuries along the way but we just worry about what we&rsquo;re doing and let others worry about what they&rsquo;re doing.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>How do you assess the Dewsbury game &ndash; is it a &lsquo;bonus&rsquo; game?</strong></p>
<p>Dewsbury is a tough place to go. We haven&rsquo;t beaten Dewsbury for a couple of years, whether it be home, away or play offs, they always seem to win by a couple of points.</p>
<p>They&rsquo;re always a hard team for us, but if we play how we can play, we need to be confident. It&rsquo;s another tricky game.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>Do you feel you&rsquo;re getting the press or recognition you deserve?</strong></p>
<p>From our own fans, yes. From the outside world, no. Outside of Doncaster, though, we&rsquo;re not really bothered as we want to stay under the radar and keep pinching points and surprise everyone by being where we want to be.</p>
<p>I&rsquo;d like to think with seven out of our last ten games at home, I would hope people come down and have a look because they&rsquo;ll realise they have a team they can be proud of. The club has done really well in the last three or four years and I want the people of Doncaster to realise that and get behind us.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>You&rsquo;ve set it up now for a grandstand finish&hellip;</strong></p>
<p>We have, and we&rsquo;ve got some big clubs coming to the Keepmoat but that&rsquo;s what we want. If we can draw the crowds and do a job, I&rsquo;m sure they&rsquo;ll flock back.</p>
<p>It&rsquo;s taken some time and I&rsquo;m a realist, the people of Doncaster have been burnt time and again, but we&rsquo;re secure now and everyone in the town is &nbsp;talking about us what I would say is when we are next at the Keepmoat come and have a look at us I&rsquo;m sure you won&rsquo;t be disappointed next home game Sunday 29<sup>th</sup> June V Whitehaven 3pm. We just need the support to continue which will hopefully help us &nbsp;reach the next level.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users