Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workie 20 - 18 Fev

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

I knew both our clubs would find it tough up there today, that will make your game at Fax very interesting. Its disappointing you wont be unbeaten to Leigh though.............

#2 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Did not go to this one, but you all know what I am thinking.

#3 onandon

onandon
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

LOL Not bad for a team that wont lose another GAME well done Workington Think you need some Players LOL - LOL

Edited by onandon, 22 June 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#4 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

LOL Not bad for a team that wont lose another GAME well done Workington Think you need some Players LOL - LOL

We need less arrogance...less team disruption; Well done Workington..cos no-one has the divine right to come away from your ground with a win;

#5 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

We can kiss Superleague goodbye. We've got a supposed squad full of stars but the only problem is we have no team players. Today was sickening to say the least. I can't remember the last time we played that bad. 4 years of brilliance and effort only for the big drop for when it matters. My mate supports Leeds Rhinos and he said to me that Fev will never get to Superleague because of two reasons; Sacking Daryl Powell and trying to buy your way in, throwing money at players. Look at Salford, they have all that money and I don't see them doing anything.

Our squad gradually got weaker when the money men came in and the best coach went out. Fans are not to blame, there was a superb turn out today from Fev only to have their eyes bombarded with a right shower of ######. One man rugby WILL NEVER WORK and passing ball about with 10 minutes to go is a bit too late. Never to this day has a forward made a good coach but I suppose we will see in the long run (doubt it though we seem to be getting worse).

No passion, no aggression and no team spirit today. Nothing more to say.

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 22 June 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#6 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Another bad day at the office but well done Workington

As a supporter I am not too worried when DP went I knew it would be a downward spiral for a season or two. We then appointed a new coach who was not in his class who split the team up and replaced players that were not as good He then went and AH has come in and we have again rebuilt a team in the last 4 week With this happening it will take time and we are still second in the league which is good IMO after what has happened If we are to stay second we need to get Bussey Kicking and put Flanagan in the team to interchange with Ellis ( hope he is ok ) but that's a decision for AH to make I just hope all the fans who are criticising this club continue to do there bit and turn up on a Sunday to shout the team on we need to all be together. Sport is a funny thing and goes in cycles we have had 4 good years at this level and this year looks like a transitional season for Fev if we all stick together we might just get that second spot if not then we need to improve again next season and get it right from week one

Roll on next week and lets get back to winning ways

#7 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Just in case I used white font last time, Powell resigned.

#8 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Was the club going to re new his contract at end of last season

#9 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Cas have gone a bit wobbly havent they ?

#10 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

I was led to believe that he was pushed out due to the men up top. Different sources i suppose. Shame really, bloody hell fev what are we to do.

#11 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

Another bad day at the office but well done Workington

As a supporter I am not too worried when DP went I knew it would be a downward spiral for a season or two. We then appointed a new coach who was not in his class who split the team up and replaced players that were not as good He then went and AH has come in and we have again rebuilt a team in the last 4 week With this happening it will take time and we are still second in the league which is good IMO after what has happened If we are to stay second we need to get Bussey Kicking and put Flanagan in the team to interchange with Ellis ( hope he is ok ) but that's a decision for AH to make I just hope all the fans who are criticising this club continue to do there bit and turn up on a Sunday to shout the team on we need to all be together. Sport is a funny thing and goes in cycles we have had 4 good years at this level and this year looks like a transitional season for Fev if we all stick together we might just get that second spot if not then we need to improve again next season and get it right from week one

Roll on next week and lets get back to winning ways

I like this, I really hope AH aint a forward thinker if you get my drift.

It's mad when I watch fev and I hear fans slating the players, we are suppose to support them not make them feel worse! Everybody booing Harry Seakja as he went to take the kick must have put him rate down hence why he seemed to kick it really quick.

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 22 June 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

What happened to that winger you signed , from parramatta was it ?

#13 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

What happened to that winger you signed , from parramatta was it ?

He's gone home mate, death in the family (mother i think). Be back soon I reckon.

#14 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

He has been injured and then his mother passed away last week so returned home but back in country now

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Ok . That was an eye catching signing . I remember watching him down there . And Harry seijka at Penrith .

#16 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

Shades of Salford. Many signings but not a team. Also need a goalkicker in the side.

#17 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

We need less arrogance...less team disruption; Well done Workington..cos no-one has the divine right to come away from your ground with a win;

Loan players plus unsettled team selection = poor performance on the field and poor moral. this policy will undoubtedly lead to a fall in support. Money is too scarce to be wasted on watching sub-standard rugby. Obviously we were there for the taking.

#18 bradford rover

bradford rover
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

is it just me but since crossley not played  drew two lost one best prop outside of super league not getting played and George whats happened to him

#19 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

Shades of Salford. Many signings but not a team. Also need a goalkicker in the side.

We got one in Bussey

#20 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

is it just me but since crossley not played drew two lost one best prop outside of super league not getting played and George whats happened to him

Agree 100% use your own players first especially when we need them George Flanagan and Ellis are best in League and interchange very well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users