Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workie 20 - 18 Fev

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Try to imagine what will happen if all of our players just clicked together next week for the rest of the season. There would be a few decimations.

#62 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

Does anybody know when next fans forum meeting is etc?

#63 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

We can kiss Superleague goodbye. We've got a supposed squad full of stars but the only problem is we have no team players. Today was sickening to say the least. I can't remember the last time we played that bad. 4 years of brilliance and effort only for the big drop for when it matters. My mate supports Leeds Rhinos and he said to me that Fev will never get to Superleague because of two reasons; Sacking Daryl Powell and trying to buy your way in, throwing money at players. Look at Salford, they have all that money and I don't see them doing anything.

Our squad gradually got weaker when the money men came in and the best coach went out. Fans are not to blame, there was a superb turn out today from Fev only to have their eyes bombarded with a right shower of ######. One man rugby WILL NEVER WORK and passing ball about with 10 minutes to go is a bit too late. Never to this day has a forward made a good coach but I suppose we will see in the long run (doubt it though we seem to be getting worse).

No passion, no aggression and no team spirit today. Nothing more to say.

Darryls time was up at fev he did ok for us but we won 1 trophy out of 6 with by far the biggest playing budget in the league, not good enough. Not only that Darryl is now where he want to be his beloved Cas the team he believed in as a boy, So your mate the Rhinos fan says we will never make super league well we better pack up now then because those plastic rhinos fans know it all dont they

#64 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

i agree with what the board are trying to do, ie looking to the near future. easing some of the older end out and bringing younger talent in to carry us through to superleague. but the trouble is we are not replacing with quality atm. it all looks shambolic to me. lets stop this mad dash to sign everybody available, and look at where we are weak and sign top quality in those positions. having seen todays press release i am a little more hopeful. hold on, it's going to be bumpy. but i still love this club UTR

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#65 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

I miss tommy saxton. He always ran in with determination and was a wriggly swine to cop. Always used to offload aswell. Our team at current, seem to be asleep when it comes to picking off loose balls.

You could akso always have an in depth analytical conversation with him over a Pimms.

#66 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

Tommy was great for Fev, but it was the choice of the previous coach to let him go, same with Finn, and the club hold their hands up to say they were wrong to allow him to do this. But the wingers aren't the problem,everyone who has worn the shirt this season has shown great finishing prowess.

#67 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

i have to agree with all you say Steve

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#68 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

It wasn't getting rid of a winger that was the big mistake, though Tommy was a legend; The weak spot is at half back marshalling the troops around; So the biggest mistake was letting Finn go; Our back line was hitting the straps even before Blackmore came along, though this is a fantastic signing; Demoting Mendeika to sub???? What is this all about?

#69 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

It wasn't getting rid of a winger that was the big mistake, though Tommy was a legend; The weak spot is at half back marshalling the troops around; So the biggest mistake was letting Finn go; Our back line was hitting the straps even before Blackmore came along, though this is a fantastic signing; Demoting Mendeika to sub???? What is this all about?

I think Andy Hay wanted to have a look at him at stand off last week, but it was too tight to risk it near the end. Yesterday he had no choice after the injuries to Ellis and Cording. I think the general consensus was he passed his test with flying colours.

#70 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

17 man game nothing wrong with putting anyone on the bench

#71 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

17 man game nothing wrong with putting anyone on the bench

Except when you don't use that 17th man.......

#72 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Mendeika played stand off at Wire in a few friendlies

#73 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

How many of your team on Sunday were DR and how many were on loan?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#74 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:04 AM

1 DR (trout) 4 loan (crookes green seijka kent)

Edited by elppaxr2i, 27 June 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#75 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

One thing I'll say to try and add a bit of balance having watched the DVD. Both here and on the Facebook page there was a lot of strong criticism of Siejka. He certainly did some things wrong, notably his goalkicking and I think it was him who missed a bad tackle leading to Workington's second try. But it's also worth pointing out he created three tries (one of which was disallowed) with superbly-timed passes, also created another disallowed try with a kick through, kicked a cracking 40-20 which led to a try on the next set of six, and was a bit unlucky with a chip over the top in the second half.

Not saying for one moment he's the answer to our problems at 7 and we've only seen him for a couple of games but I think some of the criticism was out of proportion especially in comparison to others. Not going to single people out on here but watch the DVD and a couple of mental errors by some of the more established players in the team caught us out badly.

#76 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

1 DR (trout) 4 loan (crookes green seijka kent)

So have you signed Mendeika , Cording and Blackmore ?

#77 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

Yes we've signed them.

#78 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

Yeah they are on multi year contracts - mendeika and cording were signed before start of season, Blackmore signing received various mainstream media coverage only a few weeks ago so suprised you wasnt aware of that one

Edited by elppaxr2i, 28 June 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#79 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Must have been on hols or going through a not reading about rugby phase after another close and annoying loss ...!!! There's been a few of them .

Edited by DavidM, 28 June 2014 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users