• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

... Ben Black today?

There were some great performances all over the park, but that was one of Blacky's best games in a Batley shirt for me. Everything went through him.

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

Interesting how you see the match differently. Yes he had a great game, but l thought the much maligned Leatherbarrow was outstanding, and Blake was very effective on the quiet. And as for Nicholson's pass!!!

I just hope it can carry on. Did our points difference no end of good today.

#3 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

No one had a bad game. Really enjoyed griffin and brown making mincemeat of the flank. As for vinny. Wow.

Great shifts from the halves though

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#4 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

I'm going to throw Bretherton into the mix. Back to his best playing in his natural position?

#5 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

No one had a bad game. Really enjoyed griffin and brown making mincemeat of the flank. As for vinny. Wow.

Great shifts from the halves though

#6 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

i think ben came back into the game very well after is spell out,infact am sure is input as also lifted other players round him, were deffo showing nice bursts of pace here and their and lots a skills. a few brain fa*** again yesterday but we looked to be trying a lot a things out you wouldent get away with against the likes a fev, great effort from all the players and love to know how many yards alex made.. :bb: if we play like this every week it will do me fine and a top 5 should be ours.

???anyone  know whats up with charlie martin as he sits in stand every game now looking like hes just lost a fiver. :pickeat:       UP THE DOGGIES... :download:

#7 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

Great performance from 1-17 yesterday, special mention goes to Vinny Finnigan, he played out of his skin on the wing and it was certainly his best game in a Batley shirt - wonder if thats got something to do with the arrival of Mr Rettie?

Great afternoon all round.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#8 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Great performance from 1-17 yesterday, special mention goes to Vinny Finnigan, he played out of his skin on the wing and it was certainly his best game in a Batley shirt - wonder if thats got something to do with the arrival of Mr Rettie?

Think Charlie is just frustrated he isnt getting any game time.

Fabulous yesterday, lovely sunshine,scintilating rugby, great banter with the welsh boys, all in all a brill day.

#9 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

Think Charlie is just frustrated he isnt getting any game time.

Fabulous yesterday, lovely sunshine,scintilating rugby, great banter with the welsh boys, all in all a brill day.

And it must be frustrating too, however, consistency of team selection certainly seems to have brought us some little success.

As for yesterday, yes, it was almost perfect as a Batley supporter, with a try for a scrum half who took the line on and beat them!!! Bliss. Only disappointments were the poor crowd and me not winning the the half time draw. (Again) 

#10 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

And Patterson had a very good game last week at Kly, the same day that Faal became available.
Coincidence, eh?

#11 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

Just look who missing from the side rettie,jd martin also jc is missing.. I thought we looked decent enough to kick on and score 50+ now we need score decent enough against barrow before a massive july..

#12 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

Just look who missing from the side rettie,jd martin also jc is missing.. I thought we looked decent enough to kick on and score 50+ now we need score decent enough against barrow before a massive july..

Agreed, we need another convincing win to set us up for the 5 after that, all of which will be a real test of where we are as a team.

July will be a season defining month no doubt about it.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#13 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

Old favourite mcgivillary cut a lonesome figure sat
In the kirkwood long stand until jc sat with him yesterday. Imagine griffin mcgivillary and brown on the other wing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users