Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The run-in and the play-offs

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#21 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

couldnt agree more....Boy its getting tight too.  If we dont keep performing as well as we can then the games against Whitehaven and then Workington could be massive.  The bottom four look set now, but that 5th from bottom place is going to go to the wire I reckon. 

Still think we are too good to go down, but we lack that bit of consistency that would help me sleep at night....If only we could play well against Sheffield...Everybody else taking points from them....

Even they must be sweating a bit at the moment!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

BSJ told us  we would end up with 47 points.  I doubt he will be wrong....

34 now, 47 is still looking good.

:king:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

Out of the current top 10 I would say that Batley have the toughest run in and the next 5 fixtures for them look a bit tricky. Worky, Fax, Sheff, Leigh and Fev. After that they still have Donny, Haven and Us. Swinton at home looks like the only banker. I would say that the current bottom 4 won't catch us or Batley but that 9th spot is going to be to the wire. 

#24 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

positions 2 - 4 looks interesting as does 5 - 10. No easy games in this league, its who wants it ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#25 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

Every team got points today. All matches were close. Donny are still there to be caught and Fev if they slip again. Leigh are home and hosed and I think Fax are starting to look good for second spot. Donny and Fev should be safe now from the drop, barring disasters, but the other six teams in the mix need to turn up every week otherwise it's squeaky bum time. 

#26 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

its possible we can win the last remaining games.Rather have our run in then the muts.

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

positions 2 - 4 looks interesting as does 5 - 10. No easy games in this league, its who wants it ;)

I'm glad Dewsbury don't have the run in that Batley have. 

#28 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

I'm glad Dewsbury don't have the run in that Batley have.

Hi Eddie. I agree in principle, but looking at our games so far we are as likely to pick up points against the big guns as we are those below us and, more importantly, vice versa....

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

It is fascinating . At town we have Rochdale , Barrow and Haven at home and have Crusaders away . You guys are the final game up here ! So we've got our toughest spell over and have beat Fev and Batley and took bps of Leigh , fax and Sheffield . We have increasing confidence and are playing really well , so it really is a dogfight ... Could Sheffield get relegated ???

#30 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

It is fascinating . At town we have Rochdale , Barrow and Haven at home and have Crusaders away . You guys are the final game up here ! So we've got our toughest spell over and have beat Fev and Batley and took bps of Leigh , fax and Sheffield . We have increasing confidence and are playing really well , so it really is a dogfight ... Could Sheffield get relegated ???

Hopefully! As we never seem to be able to beat them.

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Snap ... Let's try combined will , Derren Brown style !

#32 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

How much do we get if we managed 4th spot.. 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th ... Maybe one for blind side jonny this ??? I know the main thing is to stay up but 4th spot isn't totally out of our site just yet and I'd imagine the gap between 4th and 5th will be quite abit more in terms of prize money?

Edited by christheram, 07 July 2014 - 10:06 PM.

#33 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

How much do we get if we managed 4th spot.. 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th ... Maybe one for blind side jonny this ??? I know the main thing is to stay up but 4th spot isn't totally out of our site just yet and I'd imagine the gap between 4th and 5th will be quite abit more in terms of prize money?

I think if you get 4th it's something like £350k dropping down to 50k for 9th so there's something to play right through until end of season!!

#34 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

When I was talking to Mark at beginning of season he said they were looking to 're-launch the 2nd team depending how this season went because it would cost at least 25k!! The higher you finish the more prize money you get

Would also depend on what fixtures were available though wouldn't it. Seems many clubs see a reserve side as a cash drain, and would prefer to rely on DR/loans. How many champ clubs are running a reserve side at the moment ? How about a small comp in which championship teams pair up. Rams/dogs, Hawks/York, Swinton/Rochdale etc, so running costs would be halved. I know we had an arrangement with the dogs in the nineties, but it could work with others. Just a thought.

#35 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

I believe that the structure is:

1st   500K

2nd  450K

3rd   200K

4th   200K

5th   175K

6th   175K

7th   150K

8th   150K

9th   150K

10 14th 150K

KPC1  90K

If anyone can correct these I would be grateful.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#36 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

I believe that the structure is:

1st 500K
2nd 450K
3rd 200K
4th 200K
5th 175K
6th 175K
7th 150K
8th 150K
9th 150K

10 14th 150K

KPC1 90K

If anyone can correct these I would be grateful.

That was my understanding as well

#37 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

Returning to the thread (although I would like to see BSJ's idea of a normal 'A' team back again):
on paper I see only Halifax as a defeat with perhaps Batley as a maybe. In reality who knows? This coming Sunday at the Rec. might be a stumbling block, along with Workington, but that's the final game of the season and I imagine everything will have slotted into place (for us at least) by then.

Let's go for a final points total of 53.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#38 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Returning to the thread (although I would like to see BSJ's idea of a normal 'A' team back again):
on paper I see only Halifax as a defeat with perhaps Batley as a maybe. In reality who knows? This coming Sunday at the Rec. might be a stumbling block, along with Workington, but that's the final game of the season and I imagine everything will have slotted into place (for us at least) by then.

Have you been drinking again?

:drinks:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#39 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

That's in its own thread here.

#40 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Have you been drinking again?

:drinks:

Not at that time, but I have shince (hic).
Legs, Dews, Legs.