TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

The run-in and the play-offs

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#41 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

I believe that the structure is:

1st   500K

2nd  450K

3rd   200K

4th   200K

5th   175K

6th   175K

7th   150K

8th   150K

9th   150K

10 14th 150K

KPC1  90K

If anyone can correct these I would be grateful.

I think the totals are almost correct.   Bear in mind the amounts are for the 2015 season based on finishing positions this season.

1st - £550k

2nd - £500k

3rd - £250k

4th - £200k

5th - £175k

6th - £175k

7th - 9th - £150k

10th - 14th - £75k plus a one off payment of £25k for this year only after that the relegated team would only get the £75k

Champions of Champ1 - £150k

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#42 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

I think the totals are almost correct.   Bear in mind the amounts are for the 2015 season based on finishing positions this season.

1st - £550k

2nd - £500k

3rd - £250k

4th - £200k

5th - £175k

6th - £175k

7th - 9th - £150k

10th - 14th - £75k plus a one off payment of £25k for this year only after that the relegated team would only get the £75k

Champions of Champ1 - £150k

Thanks. I was struggling to find the precise details with the RFL site being less than helpful.

As you say these payments are for 2015 and there are, as yet, no indications as to what they will be in 2016. What is clear is that the two relegated clubs from SL will get in excess of £750K. That's a playing field as level as Mount Pleasant.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#43 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

Based on last few games, I'm going to be bold and predict the following
Swinton (H). Win
Whitehaven (A) Bonus Point
Crusaders (A). Win
Barrow (H). Win
Halifax (A). Bonus point
Rochdale (H). Win
Batley (A). Win, bonus point to them
Keighley (H). Win
Workington (A). Lose
That will give us 52 points, which I think will secure 5th place

Unfortunately my prediction for today was correct. Hope I get the rest of the right too, as it's getting very tight in mid table. We must try and keep all the squad fit, as rotating some players to keep them at their peak is crucial. Spicer required sooner rather than later IMO
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#44 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

The next four games are pivotal I reckon.

North Wales are beatable but we are also unpredictable.

We should never lose to Barrow given the paucity of their squad and the quality of ours.

Anything from the 'Fax game would be a bonus to be honest.

If we can remain relatively injury free then a professional performance would be all that is needed to beat Rochdale.

Seven points from those would make us comfortable and nine would induce sufficient relaxation for occasional bursts of laughter to break out in the South Stand.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#45 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

Swinton  (H) - 3 points

Whitehaven (A) - 1 point

Crusaders (A)

Barrow (H)

Halifax (A)

Rochdale (H)

Batley (A)

Keighley (H)

Workington (A)

#46 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

The next four games are pivotal I reckon.

North Wales are beatable but we are also unpredictable.

We should never lose to Barrow given the paucity of their squad and the quality of ours.

Anything from the 'Fax game would be a bonus to be honest.

If we can remain relatively injury free then a professional performance would be all that is needed to beat Rochdale.

Seven points from those would make us comfortable and nine would induce sufficient relaxation for occasional bursts of laughter to break out in the South Stand.

Hey BSJ. Not sure I can agree ...for the second time in memory. The way things are going I believe nine are needed to make us comfortable and 12 might, just might induce the occasional burst of laughter.... 

Three points on Sunday would be a good start, but no idea whether our winning or mistake ridden team is turning up...

#47 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

It's not really been a league for predicting ! They'll be a few twists n turns yet as well . It's been an entertaining, hard , and ever more competitive league this year as some of the 'old' forces come back to the pack a bit , and other teams improve ... So naturally you rip it up and get rid of it . Good old RFL

#48 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Swinton  (H) - 3 points

Whitehaven (A) - 1 point

Crusaders (A) - 3 points

Barrow (H)

Halifax (A)

Rochdale (H)

Batley (A)

Keighley (H)

Workington (A)

#49 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

Swinton  (H) - 3 points

Whitehaven (A) - 1 point

Crusaders (A) - 3 points

Barrow (H)

Halifax (A)

Rochdale (H)

Batley (A)

Keighley (H)

Workington (A)

The last three games all against teams that will be in the mix.  Should be fascinating....With luck we could send our bestest friends down....

#50 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

The last three games all against teams that will be in the mix.  Should be fascinating....With luck we could send our bestest friends down....

Not sure we want to lose our most lucrative fixture Nick, wouldn't be the same without them - hope they escape - JUST (not at our expense though).

#51 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Same. Much rather play batley than keighley. I reckon batleys run in though is the toughest out of all the teams from 5th to 10th and can in all honesty see them getting relegated. Hope I'm wrong though but batleys run in is tough

#52 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Same. Much rather play batley than keighley. I reckon batleys run in though is the toughest out of all the teams from 5th to 10th and can in all honesty see them getting relegated. Hope I'm wrong though but batleys run in is tough. Sheffield have an easier run in as do Workington and Whitehaven. Only side who could go down instead are keighley. Keighley or batley will be fighting for the 9th spot from looking at the remaining matches.

Edited by christheram, 21 July 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#53 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Same. Much rather play batley than keighley. I reckon batleys run in though is the toughest out of all the teams from 5th to 10th and can in all honesty see them getting relegated. Hope I'm wrong though but batleys run in is tough. Sheffield have an easier run in as do Workington and Whitehaven. Only side who could go down instead are keighley. Keighley or batley will be fighting for the 9th spot from looking at the remaining matches.

Would rather play Hemel than the Doggies....

I suspect we will help them out by loosing at Mount Unpleasant, but get em relegated....Would love it....

That said I think they'll beat Sheffield..Much better record aganist them than we do

#54 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

I agree about Batleys run in. Very tough and I can see them going down.

Yes, it would be funny, but we need them in our league for our own benefit.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#55 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Pragmatically we need Batley in the same league, provided that they finish below us on a more consistent basis. Any pleasure that some would gain from seeing them struggle must be tempered by the loss of two derby matches every season, each of which offers much more in terms of tension and anticipation than any other league game.

If they weren't in our league then we couldn't enjoy beating them (or vice versa) now could we?

Keighley or Whitehaven must be the favourites for the drop and injuries have a massive part to play at this stage of the season.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#56 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Pragmatically we need Batley in the same league, provided that they finish below us on a more consistent basis. Any pleasure that some would gain from seeing them struggle must be tempered by the loss of two derby matches every season, each of which offers much more in terms of tension and anticipation than any other league game.

If they weren't in our league then we couldn't enjoy beating them (or vice versa) now could we?

Keighley or Whitehaven must be the favourites for the drop and injuries have a massive part to play at this stage of the season.

Batley have loads of injuries and I hear that they need to bring in a few players before tomorrow's deadline!

#57 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

I hope Batley stay up, always a good game and one of our better crowds of the season.

#58 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Would be a sad loss to lose 2 Derby matches

But be positive

We would gain a friendly ;)

See not all bad news is it :))

Edited by coolie, 22 July 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#59 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Would be a sad loss to lose 2 Derby matches

But be positive

We would gain a friendly ;)

See not all bad news is it :))

I seem to be alone, but nothing would give me greater pleasure than us staying up and the Doggies going down....Bring it on...  

we might even loose Piggie form the forum for a year...

#60 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

It's the fact we lose 2 big derbys, a big crowd at the rams. 2k v batley at home is better than 800 v keighley haven or worky at home?? Plus bragging rights and all that. Plus batley could struggle to survive in champ 1, not sure they could survive as a club if relegation happend. We've been there and done it, and tbh got decent crowds coming back up due to the cheap season tickets but it's a league with pretty much zero away support. Not the greatest league financially

Edited by christheram, 22 July 2014 - 12:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users