Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Your fans

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

Hello all,

Just a quick note to thank all the travelling Crusaders fans yesterday, we had a good laugh and a sing song with some of you after the game and have to say you lot are a credit to your club and the game, certainly up there amongst some of the best fans in the game that we have encountered over the years at Batley.

Shame about the result, but i hope you can turn it round and keep up so we can have more of the same next season - our group have definitely got an overnighter in Wrexham planned if you do.

Not many sets of fans get sung out of the mount with a chorus of CRU CRU CRUSADERS followed by Deliliah!

All the best for the rest of the season - up the CRU!

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

Thanks BTJ, it goes a long way when other fans speak well of ours. I wasn't able to make the trip yesterday ( I hope gog' and the cru gave you a good sing song).

I also will be looking forward to hopefully getting up there next season.

All the best 7

#3 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Batley fans were great sports - we had a drubbing but they didn't rub it in and being serenaded by your own chants is fabulous. Thanks for being terrific hosts. What a lovely ground with its own beer garden. and a built in ski slope for the players too!

#4 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

I was in the players lounge after the game and in his after match speech the Batley chairman was very complimentary about the Crusaders support and the way we never stop supporting the players regardless of result or performance. Our players need to think and react quicker to situations like knock ons, penalties and kicks and stop giving away needless penalties. Every time we gave away a penalty Batley scored. Save me a place on the bus next week please - pick up at Worsley.

#5 EssexRL

EssexRL
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

Have to say you were great at New River last season, hope we don't see you next season!
London Skolars

#6 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

Have to say you were great at New River last season, hope we don't see you next season!

There are about 10 of us coming to drink all your beer on the Friday Night Lights game before the Challenge Cup. Hawaiian shirts are ready for deployment!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users