Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Nahaboo

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#21 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

What it said if you read it correctly was ' Rovers to buy a pricey, giant marquee for Carvery'.

top post :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#22 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

What it said if you read it correctly was ' Rovers to buy a pricey, giant marquee for Carvery'.

Ha ha this!

#23 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

Why are people so worried We have a person prepared to put money into the club and try to get us in SL. There is one thing for sure it is going to be hard to get there but if he wasn't here we would have no chance of moving up Lets hope he doesn't think like some of the supporters and decide to stay away because things are not going right at the moment. There has also been supporters moaning about statements made at the club they should look at what they actually write on social media about Featherstone Rovers and players

Whatever we think there is one thing I know is right and that is that supporters shouldn't stop turning up because we are not winning Let the men in charge do there jobs and make sure we do ours by turning up on a match day and supporting the club

The one thing we all agree on is we all want success from top to bottom and the only way we can do that is by pulling in the same direction Together we will get there

The way the club was going all of us who can remember 1983 would have been dead and gone before the slightest hope of a Wembley final became nothing more than a dream. I want to see Rovers in the big time once again, not for myself but for my grandkids and all the youngsters who've never seen anything else but the Championship. If they make SL and it doesn't last at least they would have something to remember, just like us oldies. Even if they lost the land, and the stadium, there are enough supporters at the club who would ensure it would never die.

#24 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: buggerlugs

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#25 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

He can't touch the land. Any sale or transfer of land assets have to be voted on by the A shareholders exclusively. He can have as many B shares as he likes but it makes no difference. The A shareholders are the ex members who were given one each or subsequent season ticket holders who have purchased one. Only one A share is allowed per person.

Unless the 'A'shareholders vote for it Terry.

#26 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

Here's one.... who actually owns Featherstone rovers rlfc?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#27 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

well it may be torrid at Fev at the moment, but maybe the time to really worry is when our Championship rivals stop obsessing over us...talking of which I wonder where Leigh director Andy Mazey might have got this little quote he put up on Twitter (after the above post)...

Andy Mazey @andy_mazey 2h

Have I got this straight Fev are looking to buy a pricey, giant marquee2753.png

#28 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

well it may be torrid at Fev at the moment, but maybe the time to really worry is when our Championship rivals stop obsessing over us...talking of which I wonder where Leigh director Andy Mazey might have got this little quote he put up on Twitter (after the above post)...Andy Mazey ‏@andy_mazey 2h
Have I got this straight Fev are looking to buy a pricey, giant marquee2753.png

It's funny isn't it? I've read his quips about Rovers but this is a bloke who uses other people's humour in his quotes, in order to gain popularity, I wonder what other fake talk he comes out with?

#29 knottla

knottla
  • Facebook
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

Dunt he know it's to protect the pitch. The idea came from USA they use it for soccer pitches.

#30 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

http://m.yorkshireev...names-1-6689871

Yorkie post.

#31 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

No one individual, although I daresay there is one who thinks he does............

#32 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

No one individual, although I daresay there is one who thinks he does............

Nahaboo is the majority shareholder. Dependant on what majority that is, he is the puppet master!!.

#33 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,895 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

Nahaboo is the majority shareholder. Dependant on what majority that is, he is the puppet master!!.

Actually, according to the club's annual return to companies house, Nahaboo is the largest shareholder but not a majority shareholder. There are 531 "A" shares and 59,600 "B" shares making a total of 60,131 shares. Nahaboo has 30,000 shares (though not held in his own name, they are held by Probiz Excellence Ltd) so is a few shares short of having an absolute majority shareholding.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#34 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

Actually, according to the club's annual return to companies house, Nahaboo is the largest shareholder but not a majority shareholder. There are 531 "A" shares and 59,600 "B" shares making a total of 60,131 shares. Nahaboo has 30,000 shares (though not held in his own name, they are held by Probiz Excellence Ltd) so is a few shares short of having an absolute majority shareholding.

A and B are not counted in the smae category as they have different voting rights for different directors. Feisal is the majority shareholder of the only shares avaialble to buy. B shares.

A Fev Blog

#35 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,895 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

A and B are not counted in the smae category as they have different voting rights for different directors. Feisal is the majority shareholder of the only shares avaialble to buy. B shares.

Yes, but according to the company articles he only gets one vote on a written resolution the same as every other shareholder. On a members poll its 1 vote per share, on a show of hands or written resolution its 1 vote per shareholder for B shares.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#36 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Maybe, but he still doesn't 'own' the Club.

#37 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

Why dont tgey offer the fans shares? Like all the employees at John Lewis have a share in the company. We would all own a miniscule amount of rovers then lol :-D

#38 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Me, wi all the brass I have spent there over many years.

#39 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

AS Terry said the 'A' share holder have the casting vote in any controversial resolution such as selling the land. I was aware of that but my point was that I didn't want the 'A'share holders falling for any 'soft soap'. We should retain ownership and lease it and then look to a shared income from any buildings built. Otherwise you are looking at reducing capital to cover overheads and no land ownership. These anonymous people coming in bother me.

#40 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

AS Terry said the 'A' share holder have the casting vote in any controversial resolution such as selling the land. I was aware of that but my point was that I didn't want the 'A'share holders falling for any 'soft soap'. We should retain ownership and lease it and then look to a shared income from any buildings built. Otherwise you are looking at reducing capital to cover overheads and no land ownership. These anonymous people coming in bother me.

I like the idea of retaining ownership and leasing land. That way we would still make a profit from the land if it does have any sneaky part in this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users