Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Nahaboo

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#41 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

AS Terry said the 'A' share holder have the casting vote in any controversial resolution such as selling the land. I was aware of that but my point was that I didn't want the 'A'share holders falling for any 'soft soap'. We should retain ownership and lease it and then look to a shared income from any buildings built. Otherwise you are looking at reducing capital to cover overheads and no land ownership. These anonymous people coming in bother me.

There are ways and means of 'manipulating' things so that the A shareholders have (effectively) no choice but to agree to sell the land to keep the Club alive.

#42 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

...We would all own a miniscule amount of rovers then lol :-D

You can do just that if you're a season ticket holder and have the princely sum of £10 spare.

#43 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

You can do just that if you're a season ticket holder and have the princely sum of £10 spare.

This should be announced every year when season tickets are for sale

#44 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

You can do just that if you're a season ticket holder and have the princely sum of £10 spare.

Im sorry what? When was this HOW come I was never informed?! I hold a gold membership what the hell am i playing at I need to pop a tenner in!

#45 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

Why dont tgey offer the fans shares? Like all the employees at John Lewis have a share in the company. We would all own a miniscule amount of rovers then lol :-D

They have. Plenty of fans are B shareholders, albeit with a small number of shares. There's nothing to stop anyone. I think only 60,000 of the original 100,000 shares have been sold.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#46 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

There are ways and means of 'manipulating' things so that the A shareholders have (effectively) no choice but to agree to sell the land to keep the Club alive.

Interesting. Tell us more.

#47 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,368 posts

That would be for an A share.

#48 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

I don't understand all this talk about the land tbh.

It's been there forever and no-one's ever done anything with it or wanted it.

Is it buildable land?

If whoever really was interested in the land, there'd be a much easier way of getting it than buying into a rugby club, investing in players, etc.

#49 sentoffagain

sentoffagain
  • Twitter
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

i   was   led   to   believe   the    farmer   who   left   the   land   were   the   training   centre   is   put   on   a   covernant   so   the   land   must   be   used  for   recreational  or   sporting   use   only .if   this   is   correct   he   gets   my   respect    what   a   shrewd   cookie.

#50 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

I don't understand all this talk about the land tbh.

It's been there forever and no-one's ever done anything with it or wanted it.

Is it buildable land?

If whoever really was interested in the land, there'd be a much easier way of getting it than buying into a rugby club, investing in players, etc.

Will it ever be buildable land Mark? Not worth a fortune otherwise
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#51 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

Why dont tgey offer the fans shares? Like all the employees at John Lewis have a share in the company. We would all own a miniscule amount of rovers then lol :-D

They have done I've got A and B shares, had them years, some pre 1997
Im Fev and im proud

#52 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

The land is as valuable as the income it is generating All we here is we have land will the next generation of Fev fans be saying we are ok we have got land we should look how this land can produce income for the club without selling it People continue to come on here and try to explain that it's safe but then someone else decides to put the spanner in the works All who are worried will be able to ask the chairman next Wednesday the one who a lot of people verbally attacked last year at the Swinton match and forgot to turn up when he made himself available at the fans forum What people need to do is continue to support this club and all the people that are prepared to put money in because without those people we would be in trouble We have been lucky for the last 4 year and the people involved made that happen some decisions were made by the same people over the last 12 months and it has set us back but if we all stick together instead of looking for things that are not there we will be back and together we will be stronger roll on Sunday and lets get back to winning ways

#53 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

Will it ever be buildable land Mark? Not worth a fortune otherwise

Brown land with NCB owned bore holes in it. That's why nobody showed interest in the past. Since the allotments have been paased for building and the big demand for building land I reckon now the NCB has gone and our land is adjacent to the allotments that it would be easy peasy to get planning. The big question is why are anonymous investorsa interested ina small town club unless they get some return. The idea that they are benevolent people with an interest in the Featherstone club is a load of codswallop. Why should they be? The reason they are in the club is to take it over so we have no say in the development. For crying out loud. I reckon with planning we are looking at a value of £15 million. To sell without planning would be suicide. Lease the land after planning, retain ownership and get a return on the developments.

#54 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Brown land with NCB owned bore holes in it. That's why nobody showed interest in the past. Since the allotments have been paased for building and the big demand for building land I reckon now the NCB has gone and our land is adjacent to the allotments that it would be easy peasy to get planning. The big question is why are anonymous investorsa interested ina small town club unless they get some return. The idea that they are benevolent people with an interest in the Featherstone club is a load of codswallop. Why should they be? The reason they are in the club is to take it over so we have no say in the development. For crying out loud. I reckon with planning we are looking at a value of £15 million. To sell without planning would be suicide. Lease the land after planning, retain ownership and get a return on the developments.

if these people don't put money in Col, where does that leave us. if faisal pulled out now, what position would we be in. genuine question

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#55 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

I need to chip in with a share. If I ever come into redonkulous amounts of money i'd buy Rovers and pump money into it as if it were my home. Need to win euro.

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 25 June 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#56 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

I wonder if anyone has just straight up asked Faisel what the end game is. Because I want to believe that he his doing this through passion and our community has softened his heart. If so then we are truly blessed. If not then we aren't surprised.

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 25 June 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#57 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Regarding the land, and whether it would get planning permission: Shouldn't the people of Featherstone, even those who don't support Rovers, have a say in this?
I would have thought it was their views that mattered, and the views of local councillors, rather than those representing the wider WMDC area? A few years ago independant local councillors were elected over the swimming baths issue. Maybe it's time that planning permission for the land owned by Rovers became an election manifesto?

#58 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

if these people don't put money in Col, where does that leave us. if faisal pulled out now, what position would we be in. genuine question

Same as Cas when he pulle3d out there. We could get planning on the land, lease the land out and ally the lease payment to the building and renting. You seem to say that because money has been put in then we have to do as he says without quibble. Probiz have made their money out of commissions from introductions to people who make big money from his schemes. I reckon this is one of them. In a message at the outset of this topic it was said that our chairman is no longer in overall charge. No doubt we will find out on Wednesday who is. We would be in a worse position if we sold land cheap and expenditure exceeded income. We would then end up with no money and no land. Softly softly and look at all the details before we vote is my opinion. Think I have said enough. We are all Fev supporters (75 years for me), and we should not be at each others throats. I am just pointing out the possible dangers and how we should not take everything at face value. See you OR.

#59 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

TBH Colin there is a lot of speculation in what you've posted.

Planning permission and land reclassification is never "easy-peasy". If it was so desirable as building land how come nobody has ever made a move on it? Nobody has ever offered ROvers money for it?

People are dubious about Feisal. Fair do's. But a man who has made his money from tax and investment now wants to build houses in Fev on brown belt land? And the best way to get that land is to buy rugby league players for the club? Seems very far-fetched.

If (and its a huge if) the land was developed for property, how would the club retain ownership of the land? Paying a construction company to build the houses, then rent them out? So the club would become a property developer? Really?

#60 rovers

rovers
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Perhaps all the above posts are just speculation, has an investor you buy shares at a low price. money invested then may get us into super league, where the share price rises and then sold for profit , may be i am being speculative

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users