TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Cooke Ready to Fix Things

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

Dons head coach Paul Cooke was brutal in his assessment following Sunday’s loss to Dewsbury and vowed to turn things around quickly.

“I don’t think we deserved anything from the game, they were the better team and sometimes you’ve got to draw a line under it and move on,” he said.

“What we’ve got to do is fix up the areas where we were really poor and there were a few of them.

“We’ve had a really tough month ‘on the road’ and taken eight out of a possible twelve points, which isn’t’ too bad.

“We knew we had a tough June so what we’ve got to do is fix the areas quickly and we will, we’ve got to come up with the answers and if it’s the last thing I do, I will.”

Andy Thackeray’s double helped the Rams complete a double over the Dons with a 24-8 win and the visitors were a man light after just 30 minutes as Russ Spiers was involved in an off the ball collision which went unpunished.

“It was a bad one, it was a late one. I think it was that bad that everybody had moved on,” said a dissatisfied Cooke.

“It’s one of those things, there’s three of them (officials) and not one of them has seen it and while it goes on report, a side will benefit next week rather than us this week as we’ve lost a player and they keep thirteen on the field.”

Though the Rams did have Rob Spicer sent to the sin bin for what Cooke described as a “marginal” offence, the Dons could only muster one converted try from Liam Watts, in his absence.

“Things have conspired against us at times, but that’s not the reason we’ve lost today. There are many reasons we’ve lost the game,” said the five-eighth.

“We just made too many uncharacteristic errors today. As a group, from 1-17 we just didn’t do enough.

“It’s when the big teams start playing with 8-10 rounds they get better and if we want to be considered as one of those then we’ll have to knuckle down and believe me we will.”

The Dons return to action on Sunday when they entertain Whitehaven in the Kingstone Press Championship.

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users