Flanagan back?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Jason Basin

Jason Basin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

There wouldnt be a fee involved, they are desperate to get players off the books to get the wage bill down. They've been offering players plus cash to clubs in an attempt to do this.

Its like Koukash x 1000 at Featherstone, wont be long until they are rebranded Cloud Cuckoo Land Rovers.

They must be close to breaking Warren Jowitt's all time record for players used in a season.

our record is actually 51 under andy kelly in 2004!

Edited by Jason Basin, 24 June 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#22 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

There was more than that under Jowitt!
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#23 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

Which coincidentally is also the record number of "yer know" s in a two minute Warren Jowett interview. ;)

#24 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

sorry hes not in same league as flanny.check out donny game were its a close thing with 6 minutes left and he couldent even pass the ball to rowie on a charge that would a won us game, and even the eagles game a simple pickup of the ball at play a ball under sticks to win us the game he dropped and we wont get a better chance a beating eagles again for a while,he did come with great wraps and he as now got into is stride and will be good for us thats a cert. flanny is the finished article whos workrate is massive,the sheer will to win is 110% every game and if fev let him go there mad. if you think am wrong just grab a dvd of the dews game fev lost and have good look at the last 18 minutes play were they made one hell of a blunder with their new coachs tactics or lack of them. game was their to be won and george is running up and down touchline chomping at the bit to get on,hes still running up and down with 9 left on clock. and hes sick as a parrot at 1 minute to go cos the lad knew it were their for the taking but fev made one hell of a blunder and dident put him on...a waste of one a the best players have seen come into championship for a lot a years besides walmsley and it might just come back to bite fev at end a season that loss./ anyways more a same for sunday against barrow as they wont be no pushovers, i were looking forward to bobby have a run out but hes banned. :bb:

I disagree with this Flanagan worship. Yes he is a good player, but it could be argued whether he would make our TEAM better. In Nicholson's interview he suggested that consistency was the key, and personally, I couldn't agree more. Flanagan coming back might have an unsettling affect just at the time when the team is clearly coming together, with both Blake and Nicholson being central to that.

We need to move on together, maintain consistency which will increase performance.

#25 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 994 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

I disagree with this Flanagan worship. Yes he is a good player, but it could be argued whether he would make our TEAM better. In Nicholson's interview he suggested that consistency was the key, and personally, I couldn't agree more. Flanagan coming back might have an unsettling affect just at the time when the team is clearly coming together, with both Blake and Nicholson being central to that.

We need to move on together, maintain consistency which will increase performance.

i hear what yer saying,no worship at all,i just rate the lad as he was given a second chance in the game like a few others who stumbled,he gave back and still as plenty to give,i doubt he would be back this season anyways and i aint too fussed if it happens or not,he would however be great off the bench as i said in the first place and to be honest you talk ok unsettling the team,do you think we will keep the same players for next season anyway or will players who seem to shine get cherry picked again.i know there starting to play some good rugby and seem to have found a lot of confidence but for game after game a few couldent even get thru the very basics like simple play a the ball but are now showing they do have a decent game so lets see what comes of the next few games, bringing a very skilled player in wont upset anything as we only starting playing better with the return of ben b, there was talk of tommy saxton and even hardman coming along with mcgoldrick at one point would you really not want players like that incase they unsettle the players we have,the players we had start a season who have moved on might have unsettled our lads as they dident really want to play for batley in the first place were as george plays it 100% choose whos shirt he as on.

#26 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

GF didn't want to play for Batley this season! And I truly believe that the team is far more important than the individual, so am perfectly happy withthe progress we are making. . . . . . now!

#27 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

Fingers crossed George is a bulldog to the core!

Except when he plays against you, which is more and more often.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#28 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

There wouldnt be a fee involved, they are desperate to get players off the books to get the wage bill down. They've * been offering players plus cash to clubs in an attempt to do this.

Its like Koukash x 1000 at Featherstone, wont be long until they are rebranded Cloud Cuckoo Land Rovers.

They must be close to breaking Warren Jowitt's all time record for players used in a season.

* allegedly

They still have to settle unfinished contracts though BTJ which adds to their salary bill. the reason that they are attempting to shift a couple of players is to stay under their cap (and they are struggling to do this at present) so are trying to persuade clubs to pay a fee which they could then defray against their salary bill. Surprisingly most clubs are very reluctant to pay any fee for a player that they know isn't wanted, preferring to pick them upo for nothing at a later date.

Do you imagine that Batley would match the contract that GF has at Fev?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#29 john79

john79
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

If rumours are true about players leaving fev then we need to tie them to Batley because if the bulls go down they will be hunting for the they need

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users