Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The silence is deafening.......

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

.....have you all gone on holiday? I know recent results have been more than disappointing,but you can`t tell me nobody goes to games anymore,or are you all watching the round ball game at the moment?  

#2 four minute miler

four minute miler
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

Everyone's gone to carnival....and I ain't talking about Rio!

#3 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

It is certainly quiet in relation to our disappointing form since April/May, resulting in 7 successive defeats and crucially, zero bonus points.

Observing from afar, it's good (sometimes not so good) to see the views from local fans and opinions of the situation, win or lose.

The previews and reports from "TLCRF" are invaluable and from the latest it appears that we put in a better performance on Sunday against high flying Fax.

It was never going to be easy stepping up to this level against the established, free-spending sides, having 6 consecutive away games and with 5 to be relegated.

The two performances against Leigh in particular, keeping within 12/16 points, makes it even more disappointing that for 5 games each we've shipped 40 points, without one BP. 

Defence helps win games and for me at least, this should have been priority 1 to help keep us in this league, better revenue streams and status.

So, now 12 points from safety, another away game at Keighley before the next homer - an easier one v Fev!

Hopefully the team will give supporters good reason to cheer over the remaining 11 games, 6 at home and finish the season on a high.

If, as seems likely now, we return to the new Championship 1 next season, it will be that much harder to be promoted again with 4 Championship teams coming with us, and 6 away games, perhaps to more southern outposts!   At least we shall have this season's experience and a small parachute payment to help the pain and prepare us for visits to Whitebank - unless of course they take our place!

So, any views on the situation/future?

By the way, is Ryan Millard injured?  I've seen nothing about him anywhere.

Congrats to Paul Crook for reaching the 1000 point mark.

#4 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

It was reported that Millard was injured for the game at Halifax. Your defence there was terrible. Particularly when Halifax moved the ball wide. Our defence was not sliding across very well leaving a 3 on 2 or 4 on 2 on a number of occasions.

It was a vet noticeable fact that the pitch at Halifax was very good. But there again they play football on it in winter and don't have to play away for six weeks like we do every season. Maybe they could let us know the secret.????????????????

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW