Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

John Duffy in for Watto?

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#61 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Living in the Wigan area, it is know that Steve McCormack applied to take over from Watson, With Watson staying with Steve until mid July to help the new scrum half settle in. A former celebrated Swinton Coach should have at least been given the courtesy of an interview

Think you Swinton Fans are being lead down the garden path by John Roddy.

Wish Watto all the best at Salford

Living in the Wigan area qualifies you to know does it?
Hasn't Steve Mc just taken on a new coaching position? New scrum half?

I don't know Mr Roddy from Adam but it seems there are a lot of backhanded insults being tossed (I use the term wisely) around this forum all of a sudden. Maybe you best join the queue to buy him a beer on Sunday, at this rate he's going to bladdered!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#62 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

Is that Robs reply? and you are confirming that is your target market, which indeed you have every right to do. It would be disappointing if Duff's role working for Leigh Centurions Foundation in recent years is being used to leverage SLRLFC into our local amateur clubs, or that Leigh's sponsor databases had been used for that matter.

I know one amateur club that I am involved with has been approached by Rob, the business side I have no idea about as rumours always fly about.

Gloves are off then I suppose LL. 

ps I am aware of the rich history of Leythers at Swinton Mark, that was not what I was talking about.

The clue's in the name my friend, and I don't wear gloves!

#63 Lion58

Lion58
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Living in the Wigan area qualifies you to know does it?
Hasn't Steve Mc just taken on a new coaching position? New scrum half?

I don't know Mr Roddy from Adam but it seems there are a lot of backhanded insults being tossed (I use the term wisely) around this forum all of a sudden. Maybe you best join the queue to buy him a beer on Sunday, at this rate he's going to bladdered!

Well I also live in the Wigan/ Leigh area and there seems to be a negative vibe towards John Roddy and consequently I can see this having a negative impact on Swinton Lions the club we all love.

Its also widely reported that Watto and Leigh's head coach Paul Rowley were very friendly which helped us acquire the services of loan players such as Martin Aspinwall, Andy Thornley and Steve Maden of late and Aspinwall in particular has played a major role in our recent upturn in form. Wonder if this may come to an end now with Roddy by the sounds of things having ridden rough shot to take Duffy from Leigh's Community Trust. Its also common knowledge that Duffy and Paul Rowley are not exactly best of friends so will he be as willing to assist us in our quest to stay up as he was with Watto???.

Leigh are a big club and so I only see one winner here sadly.

On the positive side it sounds like John will enjoy the free ale Sunday at SP as he doesn't like putting his hand in his own pocket by sounds of things :ph34r:

Edited by Lion58, 25 June 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#64 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

You are a troll
I claim my £5

#65 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

I don't understand where some people get off spreading malicious bs without any foundation or evidence based entirely on hear say. Either name names or gtfo.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#66 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

Gladly buy you a pint, hopefully catch you Sunday.

As for biting I was asking what I feel are fair and reasonable questions so by not biting I presume you are not willing to publically answer them.

The old saying no smoke without fire and all that.

Benefit of doubt and all that ;)

At first read I thought the biting phrase was a reference to Luis Suarez!

Posted Image

#67 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

Not one negative comment on the Leigh forum as far as I can see. All wishing John Duffy the very best. Nice to see & thanks to those Leythers for their sporting comments.

#68 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

I suspect skullduggery at play here

#69 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

Well I also live in the Wigan/ Leigh area and there seems to be a negative vibe towards John Roddy and consequently I can see this having a negative impact on Swinton Lions the club we all love.

Its also widely reported that Watto and Leigh's head coach Paul Rowley were very friendly which helped us acquire the services of loan players such as Martin Aspinwall, Andy Thornley and Steve Maden of late and Aspinwall in particular has played a major role in our recent upturn in form. Wonder if this may come to an end now with Roddy by the sounds of things having ridden rough shot to take Duffy from Leigh's Community Trust. Its also common knowledge that Duffy and Paul Rowley are not exactly best of friends so will he be as willing to assist us in our quest to stay up as he was with Watto???.

Leigh are a big club and so I only see one winner here sadly.

On the positive side it sounds like John will enjoy the free ale Sunday at SP as he doesn't like putting his hand in his own pocket by sounds of things :ph34r:

Same old I'm afraid. No substance and no answers!
Who is the scrum half? How did Steve Mc know what was going on? Was it Wigan's jungle drums? Was it Roddy who sold Watto to them down the road?

Questions, questions.......

#70 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Living in the Wigan area, it is know that Steve McCormack applied to take over from Watson, With Watson staying with Steve until mid July to help the new scrum half settle in. A former celebrated Swinton Coach should have at least been given the courtesy of an interview

Conspiracy theory don't you just love them.
This would be the same respected coach who left us as much as I like Steve Mc.

#71 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

Most important thing is now to get behind the team and the new head coach and let's get some good results for remaining games

#72 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

So "In the Know" who is the New Scrum Half? We have heard nothing yet.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#73 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

You are a troll
I claim my £5

Troll or Trolless ... :spruceup:

Edited by Little Lion Man, 25 June 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#74 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

So "In the Know" who is the New Scrum Half? We have heard nothing yet.

I'm not in the know about anything apart from the official announcements and I don't like the way secret agent like whisperers are dumping their insider "knowledge" on here.  However, for what it is worth I presume the reference to a new scrum half means the player from our current squad taking over the position left by Watto.  

#75 mike the lion

mike the lion
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

I cannot understand why Salford require Watto`s services of Assistant coach now,at this moment in time.

Salford are not likely to make the top eight and look safe from relegation.Watto`s main task appars to be with the U19`s and therefore is not likely to have any immediate impact on first team performance.

Surely this appointment could have been completed at the end of this season.

Maybe I`m being cynical here but do Salford want us to fail in our bid to avoid the drop?

#76 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Did Lee Harvey Oswald really make those shots from the window of the Texas book depository!

#77 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

Professor Green, in the Ballroom with the Candlestick..

#78 Westernmancunia

Westernmancunia
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

I agree with a  previous posting - rubbish timing with all this. Salford's season is done - they're neither going down or heading for playoffs. Whereas Swinton's season is at the critical point - Workington is a massive massive game because they're probably one of the teams we will have to finish above. And even if we do 'em that only gives us a decent fighting chance of staying up - every other game is still going to have to be treated like a cup final. Couldn't they have managed with a stand in until the end of the season? And Salford anyway? They'll never amount to anything. They've had a new stadium and thousands of pounds off the council, the RFL bending over backwards for them, now have a wealthy backer and they'll still be the same sow's ear in two years time. In the meantime they're eating into Swinton's support base and making off with people like Watto at the most inopportune time. 

That said i don't blame Watto and hope he does well and think we have enough ability elsewhere to adjust . Just exasperated that Swinton have been sucked into Salford's endless floundering's to amount to anything.

#79 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

Did Lee Harvey Oswald really make those shots from the window of the Texas book depository!

We should ask Blue Monkey, he was just there on vacation in his camper van!

Posted Image

#80 pricey53

pricey53
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

Loyal lion and little lion man what are you on it's beyond me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users