Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

John Duffy in for Watto?

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

I understand people's noses may have been put out of joint I suppose. It all seems a bit childish though and it hasn't raised even the slightest mention on the Leigh rl fans forum.
The level of the upset surely is minimal.
I do maintain lions 58 is purporting to be a lions fan but isn't.
Moves occur between clubs. It's so common. If everyone took it personally no one would ever move anywhere. And to suggest we have only appointed Duffy to annoy Leigh is surely outrageous.

#122 Lion58

Lion58
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

I understand people's noses may have been put out of joint I suppose. It all seems a bit childish though and it hasn't raised even the slightest mention on the Leigh rl fans forum.
Moves occur between clubs. It's so common. If everyone took it personally no one would ever move anywhere. And to suggest we have only appointed Duffy to annoy Leigh is surely outrageous.

That's because it seems the fans of Leigh are in a good place right now with a strong financial investing board and management team and growing fan base looking forward to going Full Time and having a tilt at promotion to SL next season having got rid of a pretender by the looks of things, we've ended up with him!

With all due respect to our club we will hardly register on a Leigh forum right now will we? heading for the Championship trap door and oblivion in a C1 comp next year that will be hell in a handcart.

PS- Notice the said Director had his company stewarding at the game Sunday, maybe he's looking for this type of arrangement on a bigger scale at LSV and other stadiums hence having been shown the door at Leigh he came so quickly to us to keep a foot in with LSV while flirting with Salford and Wire through his role with us???

Bury your heads if you like but I won't and can see from a mile how all this is going to end up.

#123 JohnRoddy

JohnRoddy
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

That's because it seems the fans of Leigh are in a good place right now with a strong financial investing board and management team and growing fan base looking forward to going Full Time and having a tilt at promotion to SL next season having got rid of a pretender by the looks of things, we've ended up with him!

With all due respect to our club we will hardly register on a Leigh forum right now will we? heading for the Championship trap door and oblivion in a C1 comp next year that will be hell in a handcart.

PS- Notice the said Director had his company stewarding at the game Sunday, maybe he's looking for this type of arrangement on a bigger scale at LSV and other stadiums hence having been shown the door at Leigh he came so quickly to us to keep a foot in with LSV while flirting with Salford and Wire through his role with us???

Bury your heads if you like but I won't and can see from a mile how all this is going to end up.

Give us a call and tell me, you called me enough times when I was at Leigh :)

#124 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

What? I'm stunned! Why would a lifelong Lions fan from the Wigan area want to phone Mr Roddy when he was at Leigh?

Unmasked eh!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#125 Lion58

Lion58
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

And you said you wouldn't bite lol.

You obviously feel I'm someone from leigh which indicates there at people at Leigh who may have a beef with you.

That is board line an admission but I'm no copper ;-)

#126 JohnRoddy

JohnRoddy
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

Hi Mark I could actually write many paragraphs to defend myself against the troll (who is known to me) - im not going to do that but if true supporters wish to ask me a direct question I will happily answer them if I am able - nothing to hide at all...

Best wishes

John

#127 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

You obviously feel I'm someone from leigh which indicates there at people at Leigh who may have a beef with you.

Grow up and bore off!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#128 Lion58

Lion58
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

What? I'm stunned! Why would a lifelong Lions fan from the Wigan area want to phone Mr Roddy when he was at Leigh?
Unmasked eh!

Zoro ha ha.

I've nothing to hide just love my club, I grew up off Chorley Road, Beach Street and stood and watched my team in the 80s at Station Road as a lad and was at Old Trafford for the greatest day in my lifetime with players like Holiday and Lee heroes and legends in my mind.

Let's just leave it here now and see how it all plays out, I promise not to say I told you so!

#129 Lion58

Lion58
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

Hi Mark I could actually write many paragraphs to defend myself against the troll (who is known to me) - im not going to do that but if true supporters wish to ask me a direct question I will happily answer them if I am able - nothing to hide at all...
Best wishes
John

Lol.

#130 JohnRoddy

JohnRoddy
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

'31'

#131 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

Best wishes

John

I'm sure you could John
I think it's time to stop responding to this oddball
Good luck and welcome to the lions
All the best to you too
Mark

#132 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

Hmm seems odd that you can't spell the name of the street that you grew up in, nor spell the name of one of your heroes? Try Beech & Holliday perhaps?

Anyway, that's my final word on the subject. Much more important things to attend to. Like my sandwiches for tomorrow.

#133 GregD10

GregD10
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Hmm seems odd that you can't spell the name of the street that you grew up in, nor spell the name of one of your heroes? Try Beech & Holliday perhaps?

Anyway, that's my final word on the subject. Much more important things to attend to. Like my sandwiches for tomorrow.

Cheese ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users