Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

BG looking ahead

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/27975303

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#2 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

Excellent stuff he is spot on and I am glad to hear he is staying for next year.

I don't think Craig Bellamy could have coached this team to safety, we have roughly 14 players in our squad not good enough for this division IMO.

I hope next year he gives some of the young ameteurs between 19 - 23 a go who haven't been given a chance to play for Barrow. Have a mix of proven quality from round here Harrison, Campbell, Mossop Dawson ect added with a few out of towners and give some other people a chance from the ameteur game - they may be able to step up. If we created a side from the best Ameteurs round here we would comfortably beat the bottom 4 or 5 from CC1 next year but we will need more quality to go up with the best sides coming down from the Championship.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

#3 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

From the articleI it looks like we might have a bit of badly needed stability and a plan for the future,not a knee jerk short term fix
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#4 barrycotton2010

barrycotton2010
  • Facebook
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

Bring it on now is the time to start experimenting with new payers,
lets be ready for ch.1.come on the raiders.

#5 barrycotton2010

barrycotton2010
  • Facebook
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Players even.

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

new payers would actually help Barry lol

Lee Morton

#7 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

??

??

Shaw

Wiper/??

Grant

??

Cammy

??

Mossop 

Bullock

Harrison

??

Toal

?? Are the spaces that need to be covered for Championship level. 

For CC1 the team we have now would walk that league

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

what about Andy Dawson hes been our best prop by miles this season.

with the other 4 teams coming down with us we would not walk CC1 next term with the team we have at the mo it would be a close scrap all season long !!

Lee Morton

#9 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

The team for next year will be on a smaller budget as even if the gate numbers remain then the gate charges are normally less by apr £3k per game.  The saving grace on salary budget this year has been little win money to pay.

If the club is successful next year then you would expect many winning games and more overall payout so careful budgeting for CC1 is a must.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#10 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

The team for next year will be on a smaller budget as even if the gate numbers remain then the gate charges are normally less by apr £3k per game. The saving grace on salary budget this year has been little win money to pay.

If the club is successful next year then you would expect many winning games and more overall payout so careful budgeting for CC1 is a must.

You said he was going if we go down??

#11 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

You said he was going if we go down??

I think you will find the Bobby said early days that he wouldn't stop if the club went to CC1. But good news for the club if we can afford him in CC1

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#12 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

I think you will find the Bobby said early days that he wouldn't stop if the club went to CC1. But good news for the club if we can afford him in CC1

I remember people asking you on here at the time where you got the info and you offered no such reply.

#13 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

When Bobbie first signed he said in the mail that if Barrow were relegated he wouldn't hang around. Obviously the club has grown on him and he is now wanting a longer term contract.

#14 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

I didn't read that, cheers tho RRU

#15 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:38 AM

He will sign a further 2/3 year deal at the club