Pennine Way

Ref: C Campbell

Note - 2.30pm kick off

#2 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Will be on holiday in sunny sunny (hopefully) Primrose Valley, not that I'd be going anyway. Will have to scavenge for a copy of the press on Monday morning

It's time to park the camels.

#3 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

Yck can you send me a copy over to benidorm, just me and gert off for some quality recuperation after some family problems.
just back in time for our hawaiian night.

bliss
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

Hate to say this (can't do with missing games), but we might not be there either

Better half not keen on 6 hours in the car in 1 day after 4 hours plus each way last weekend & both out boozing this Saturday night also

Looks like Hemel will have a couple out suspended on Sunday after their fight at Hunslet recently

#5 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Bit from RFL preview:

We could be boosted by the returns of Jack Aldous, Lee Paterson, Benn Hardcastle and Ryan Mallinder.

Iain Morrison (arm) is a slight doubt.

#6 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

good luck to my grandson Ben Reynolds and his Knights teamates at Hemel tomorrow. take the three points lads.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#7 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:15 AM

Oldrover, by any chance you wernt at whiteacres in may if so I was the lad talking rugby to you.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

if you mean whitebank, oldham., yes i was there. i remember talking to an oldham supporter, was that you? have i got the right game?

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#9 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

Your grandson did you proud today, Old Rover. Had a cracking game. Very tight game until the Knights stretched their legs on 50 minutes and rattled up 28 points in less than 20 minutes.

#10 Barlby Knight 65

Barlby Knight 65
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

Sounds very much like our lads are by far fitter than most of there opponents as we seem to be blowing them away in the 2nd half , great 3 points on the road from a game which to all intense & purpose could have been a banana skin , that & the Hawks getting turned over by Gloucester , good day all round

Edited by Barlby Knight 65, 29 June 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#11 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Your grandson did you proud today, Old Rover. Had a cracking game. Very tight game until the Knights stretched their legs on 50 minutes and rattled up 28 points in less than 20 minutes.

thanks for that. i know he's enjoying it, espescially when he's in the halves.a good win and morale is good. onwards and upwards.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#12 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

Gutted to miss the game, caught last 20 minutes of Andy's commentry, sounded like a really good job done by the lads & well done to all

Only slight worry was the mention of Jack Lee's knee injury as Jack has been outstanding all year, suppose we don't want to risk making the injury worse before the play-offs so maybe worth the risk of resting him at the Skolars - certain that Kris & Harry won't let the side down

#13 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Brilliant performance against a strong Hemel team. A very thin pitch left not much room to play the ball out wide but we did so effectively. Reynolds' kicking game was a brilliant one and scored all but one of his conversions. Brining played well at hooker when he came on for Lee & Minikin played well out on the wing with a cracking solo try. It was nice to see Knights fans down there in numbers and all sitting together as well. 

#14 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

sorry for the delay oldrover, no i did mean whiteacres in cornwall, was talking to a guy who said he was bens uncle or some relation.

never mind, hes still a cracking player, remember first seeing him when he came on for tansey in our friendley this year, said then hes a bit of alright.

got to go now more sunshine calling benidorm style.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

sorry for the delay oldrover, no i did mean whiteacres in cornwall, was talking to a guy who said he was bens uncle or some relation.

never mind, hes still a cracking player, remember first seeing him when he came on for tansey in our friendley this year, said then hes a bit of alright.

got to go now more sunshine calling benidorm style.

strange one this Ian, we do visit relatives in cornwall, but he doesn't have an uncle down there, and we weren't down there in may. maybe i'll see you at a home game.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#16 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

strange one this Ian, we do visit relatives in cornwall, but he doesn't have an uncle down there, and we weren't down there in may. maybe i'll see you at a home game.

puzzle solved Ian. you were talking to my brother-in-law. he is uncle to Bens dad.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users