Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow sunday

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

Back to 3pm
Don't forget the prison service game before yorkshire vs lancashire hopefully a decent crowd there if it's back to 3pm

I'll say batley 48-18 barrow..

#2 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 638 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

About 10 of us can't go this week due to the late kick off. Confident we will get a good win though.

#3 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

I phoned the club on Tuesday to try and find out the kickoff time. I left a message as requested but am still waiting a reply.
Does the club have so many paying customers that they don't need to bother?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#4 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

I phoned the club on Tuesday to try and find out the kickoff time. I left a message as requested but am still waiting a reply.
Does the club have so many paying customers that they don't need to bother?

they might a simply missed yer message. but to be fair it was on website,and also there is post telling folks  kickoff time had changed,it had been on here for 4 days when you left your message fella.

http://www.totalrl.c...f-time-changed/

anyway back to game and hope you make it as am sure everyone is in for a cracking game. if we play like we have been with confidence and a bit a biff it will be 54-18 to the dogs, were looking forward to seeing bobby play but that aint happening, i just hope we dont have too good a stand out player or two or they will be gone by tuesday.its like batley puppyfarm,bring em in fatten em up a bit hone their skills and send em to a new home.. B)  whos next,,, :fie:

#5 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

This whole idea of a " stepping stone" culture at the mount seems players are nutured, supported and given a chance while they develop skill and confidence.

Only a few journey man have been entertained if I remember.

Money talks but the grass isnt always greener. 2 puns which seem very true this past 5 years

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,223 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

This whole idea of a " stepping stone" culture at the mount seems players are nutured, supported and given a chance while they develop skill and confidence.

Only a few journey man have been entertained if I remember.

Money talks but the grass isnt always greener. 2 puns which seem very true this past 5 years

It's not surprising they move on if you keep nuturing them is it?

Not puns by the way. mottos maybe.

;)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

they might a simply missed yer message. but to be fair it was on website,and also there is post telling folks  kickoff time had changed,it had been on here for 4 days when you left your message fella.
                     http://www.totalrl.c...f-time-changed/

anyway back to game and hope you make it as am sure everyone is in for a cracking game. if we play like we have been with confidence and a bit a biff it will be 54-18 to the dogs, were looking forward to seeing bobby play but that aint happening, i just hope we dont have too good a stand out player or two or they will be gone by tuesday.its like batley puppyfarm,bring em in fatten em up a bit hone their skills and send em to a new home.. B)  whos next,,, :fie:

When I left the message I didn't indicate that I had access to the internet ( lots of people don't).
If they missed my message then they are not checking their answer machine.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#8 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

When I left the message I didn't indicate that I had access to the internet ( lots of people don't).

sorry fella, you dident need to indicate as you have posted most days in plenty a sections for us to know you do have internet. no big swet like is it,but they did put it on their main webpage as to the change of kickoff and here too,dont forget 12.30 kickoff too for the curtain raiser/ ;)

#9 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

the clubs phones been playing up still waiting for bt to come i think

#10 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

Agree Silverback, nobody play too well or else!! Can't see anything other than a home win, comfortable again. If same application shown another 50 pointer, although weather might be against.

#11 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

Agree Silverback, nobody play too well or else!! Can't see anything other than a home win, comfortable again. If same application shown another 50 pointer, although weather might be against.

The vultures are circling Batley all the time .If rumours are true at least Fev wont be taking any more. . Back to the game and a Bulldog win for me. 36 - 8.  We will definately miss Griffin best centre at club by a mile. Hope we dont go back to playing forwards in the centre again and Faal improves his attacking game  and has a stormer.

Edited by greavesy, 29 June 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#12 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

The vultures are circling Batley all the time .If rumours are true at least Fev wont be taking any more. . Back to the game and a Bulldog win for me. 36 - 8.  We will definately miss Griffin best centre at club by a mile. Hope we dont go back to playing forwards in the centre again and Faal improves his attacking game  and has a stormer.

not too far out greavsy ... pick lottery numbers for next week :)

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#13 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

Greenwood best fullback in league in 2014

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Can't say I've seen many better. We should give him a two year contract asap

THIS IS WHAT CENSORSHIP LOOKS LIKE!!

Favorite film - "Silenced by the Lambs"

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#15 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

not too far out greavsy ... pick lottery numbers for next week :)

Not very good with lottery Redditch. But to follow today am predicting a narrow victory at Workington next week 22 _18 after a great Saturday night out by me and the lads. We are staying overnight at the Waverley  owned by a mate who is a Workington supporter always a good overnighter. As a group we were discussing things after the game and the general thaught was if we are to have success we definately need a good centre now that Griffin has left. Personally i think Faal dousnt have the commitment or drive to make the spot his. Griffin was a good strike player and fed Brown well which meant there was more tries in the team. Really hope i am wrong and Faal steps up and does the business. On the plus side another win for the lads as we climb the table with some Quality tries and play for me Greenwood and Blake were outstanding well supported by Smith, Scott, Leatherbarrow, and Black. Hard month of fixtures now but the team seems to have the bit between their teeth . One thing is puzzling me what has happened to the 200 or so missing fans from last season. We are playing well now and still our gates are dire. To them i say come back and join the fun. The Dogs are on the march.

#16 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

The next 5 weeks will be crucial. I still don't think we've put a full 80 minutes together yet, and know now we will need to get as near to that as possible in these games. The opposition for the last 4 weeks have been unable to fully capitalise on our occasional silly 10 minute spells of knock ons, daft penalties, forced plays.
In general though, really enjoying it at the moment, the tests are to come against top sides thick and fast.
Miles was outstanding again today, Blake, Leatherbarrow too the pick for me and Browny in full flight is an awesome weapon at the moment.

#17 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

Well, all's quiet at the moment, nobody rung up yet about Miles? 9 tries in 3 games, doubt there's anybody else on a run like that in any division. Fev are out of the equation now, Salford have had 3 of our lads, there's only Bulls left who need to recruit for their life in the Championship, hope they're looking the other way!!

#18 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

some great rugby played yesterday,a few missaps again but at least were now taking teams on and making chances with support both sides a play too,i hope we can nail down a few a these lads then build on what we have.cant we have a whipround and keep brownie for ever. tighten things up and we could be ending season on a bang, anyone notice the yorkshire prison service player with 5 shirt on as he should be grabbing a batley shirt all day long,that 11 harrison for barra put a full shift in too and is proper old school socks down and hit owt nearby.seemed to be a lot a faces missing yet again when were playing some top rugby in spurts. not sure about nugget shouting rubbish at bobby before halftime but you should be ashamed the fellas done is time for rl  and as still as plenty to offer. keep at it bobby lad. UP THE DOGS.

#19 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

Well, all's quiet at the moment, nobody rung up yet about Miles? 9 tries in 3 games, doubt there's anybody else on a run like that in any division. Fev are out of the equation now, Salford have had 3 of our lads, there's only Bulls left who need to recruit for their life in the Championship, hope they're looking the other way!!

you come out with some utter ######!

#20 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

to be fair it all part n parcel of any squad the comings and goings,we just seem to have had a merrygo round due to the high volume a players to start with,someone must a got somatt right with some a the players we have had to have people coming in for them or they would all be still here.am amazed out of em all we still have jd,hopfully this winter we can strengthen the team a bit as  we always seem to finish seasons well but just think what we could do if we could come out with a full strong squad for the outset.. :bb: :download:

ps.can someone give charlie martin a shirt...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users