- - - - -

Barrow sunday

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 phildog

phildog
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

Why thanks KTF, didn't you realise this was a tongue in cheek type of comment... besides which, following our big clear out of last season, griffin to Salford already this, who knows what's round the corner, and it wasn't me who originally raised the point of hoping nobody goes too OTT in their performances with clearly many eyes focussed on our players. I would also agree that we need to be trying to tie players down for next season whilst continuing to recruit new, if rumours regarding the likes of Ben Black retiring, .mithy to Halifax etc. turn out to be correct.

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,531 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Why thanks KTF, didn't you realise this was a tongue in cheek type of comment... besides which, following our big clear out of last season, griffin to Salford already this, who knows what's round the corner, and it wasn't me who originally raised the point of hoping nobody goes too OTT in their performances with clearly many eyes focussed on our players. I would also agree that we need to be trying to tie players down for next season whilst continuing to recruit new, if rumours regarding the likes of Ben Black retiring, .mithy to Halifax etc. turn out to be correct.

The tricky thing this season is being confident of the division that you will be in next, and this applies to most of the Championship clubs. The significant difference in income between the divisions means that structuring a budget whilst still in the realms of uncertainty makes signing players to new contracts something of a gamble. Add to that the unwillingness of many players to contemplate a drop in divisions with agents playing their myriad games, and it is clear that running a RL club in our division is a challenge to say the least.

I reckon that most of us who post on these forums would wilt under the pressure.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users