Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh 30 Dewsbury 22 - discussion, video highlights

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

The task ahead:

20zs1eo.png

Taken from http://www.rugbyleag...y/preview/10169

Edited by Official Rams Updates, 29 June 2014 - 09:01 AM.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#42 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 418 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

Leigh 38 Dewsbury 20

FTS: Thackeray

#43 reg gasnier

reg gasnier
  • Facebook
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

Grayston hasn't been rested coaches prerogative must prefer price at full back bit harsh on lad after three man of matches to be dropped three games after an indifferent game at fev after being sick two days leading up to the game

#44 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

Grayston hasn't been rested coaches prerogative must prefer price at full back bit harsh on lad after three man of matches to be dropped three games after an indifferent game at fev after being sick two days leading up to the game

Just going by what was reported in local paper that Grayston was been "rested",hope he's back in the team.

#45 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Does anyone know what radio station the game is on?

#46 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Whilst Grayston is good on attack and great goal kicker, his positioning on defence is not as good.

#47 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

BBC Manchester.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#48 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

BBC Manchester has the Warrington vs Bulls game

#49 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

I see Spicer's missing again. Injury or is he being rested too?

HT 10 - 10 - not too bad so far.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#50 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

Full Time Score Leigh 30 - Dewsbury 22.

I eat my words regarding my score prediction. I would have taken a bonus point before today's game.

Sounds like we could have won as well if we didn't make mistakes.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#51 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

We were immense today, everyone. Should've and could've got more but they have a fantastic kicking game resulting in 3 tries.

I can only remember one try not being in the corner which says a lot for our defense. Thought the one near the end from Penky was forward too.

Hope Morton does feel too bad as his mistakes lead to final 2 tries but up to that point was fantastic. Thought MadMorros got the team and tactics spot on today.

Brown, Spicer, Wagga, Grayston and Schofield all there cheering the boys on.

A lot of Leigh fans commented that we are best team they've played at LSV this season. Little consolation but well done boys, you should be proud.

Bring in Swinton, start if a run of winnable games
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#52 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

A great BP by the sounds of it.

Well done to the coaching staff and all of the players.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#53 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

Indeed. I got a bit greedy at 22 all, but would have taken this score at 3pm. Wel done all. Just need to keep our concentration for Friday.....

#54 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

A very good performance from your lads today and could quite easily have gone either way...
Karl Pryce could've/ should've been a world beater but looking at the effort and tenacity put in from your other players I wouldn't have anywhere near the 1st team. Now I know that's only based on todays performance but he just seems disinterested.
Good luck fot the rest of the season.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#55 ramsfandan

ramsfandan
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

glad i went today good performance ive seen leigh twice now against us and honestly dont think thers much between us! well done boys

#56 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

a hard earned BP , I'll take that.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#57 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

Well a tough game that could have gone either way, such a pity so few of you bothered to make the journey as your boys deserved a better backing away from home and performing with such guts. Your chairman is a credit to RL

Good luck for the rest of the season and another 3 for us

#58 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

Dewsbury are a very good side. Well impressed.

#59 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

I was congratulated after they game by a number of Leigh supporters who thought we were the best visiting team to go to LSV and didn't deserve to lose. That's true we didn't and had Morton collected safely, the kick return after our last try, I am sure they would not have scored again. Unfortunately Morton spilled the ball and they scored from the resultant scrum and he then had the ball taken as he collected a kick.

Grady's first try was from a mistake from Leigh with their fast passing coming adrift and he raced unopposed for around 50 metres for the try. Hale's try was also scored on their left flank and nobody was going to catch him either from about 30 out. When Morton scored on their right flank, there was nobody near him either. He just collected and dived over. I hadn't a clue how, or who scored our last try until I heard it on a Radio Leeds feed because the PA at Leigh is as bad as Batley's was!

Leigh of course had a player sin-binned again. Someone should inform them that it's not obligatory for this to happen.

I went this afternoon expecting (as per my prediction) to be on the end of a trouncing. I came away disappointed that we hadn't won, but not disappointed with the lads' performance; in fact I was delighted and no complaints about Joe Cobb's refereeing either.

Edited by Crown Flatter, 29 June 2014 - 09:05 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#60 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

I was congratulated after they game by a number of Leigh supporters who thought we were the best visiting team to go to LSV and didn't deserve to lose. That's true we didn't and had Morton collected safely, the kick return after our last try, I am sure they would not have scored again. Unfortunately Morton spilled the ball and they scored from the resultant scrum and he then had the ball taken as he collected a kick.
Grady's first try was from a mistake from Leigh with their fast passing coming adrift and he raced unopposed for around 50 metres for the try. Hale's try was also scored on their left flank and nobody was going to catch him either from about 30 out. When Morton scored on their right flank, there was nobody near him either. He just collected and dived over. I hadn't a clue how, or who scored our last try until I heard it on a Radio Leeds feed because the PA at Leigh is as bad as Batley's was!
Leigh of course had a player sin-binned again. Someone should inform them that it's not obligatory for this to happen.
I went this afternoon expecting (as per my prediction) to be on the end of a trouncing. I came away disappointment that we hadn't won, but not disappointed with the lads' performance; in fact I was delighted and no complaints about Joe Cobb's refereeing either.

You were doing quite well until the 'Leigh of course had a a player sin-binned' ... Did you not benefit from the player advantage?... The offence which rightly deserved a SB for obstruction was awarded but the 'obligatory' remark is infantile!
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users