Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#63 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

You were doing quite well until the 'Leigh of course had a a player sin-binned' ... Did you not benefit from the player advantage?... The offence which rightly deserved a SB for obstruction was awarded but the 'obligatory' remark is infantile!

There you go Crown Flatter - a Leigh fan telling you how to behave on forums.

Whatever next?

:angel:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#64 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

Footage here guys:

Well done the Rams - to get a BP from an unbeaten and potential SL team is arguably our best performance to date. Can't believe we didn't get the ball down for the first disallowed try - we really should have gone in there. Now the lads just have to remember that that performance doesn't mean that the rest of the games will be a formality - no gimme's in this division. Hope we can hang on to Briggs - he is starting to look an excellent acquisition. Grady starting to look like Keith Senior in more ways than one. ;)

#65 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

Grady looks a class act and could be difficult to hang-on to for next season.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#66 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

Really hoping we can keep hold of Grady and Briggs for 2015, might be one or two teams looking at Grady already

#67 Jason Basin

Jason Basin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

we played really well.

their first two tries came from very well executed kicks that any side would have struggled to defend against, and a third try from a kick should have probably been palmed dead by dale - but he backed himself to catch it. he also backed himself to catch the kick-off following our equalising score and back-pedalled some distance to try and reach it, when briggs was probably in a better position. nobody to be blamed really and it's good that dale's confident. aside from those two errors he had a great game so i hope he keeps his head up.

we made a terrible start to the second half, which also cost us, knocking on in our first set, conceding a penalty and then a try, so it's unfair to pin the blame on morton.

we were really unlucky with the restart after that try too.

we were a touch lucky with our first try but grady finished it fantastically well. he's an absolute class act who we'll be lucky to keep hold of. a complete player who does everything right.

murphy grounded the ball looking at the footage and the rams players around him certainly felt he did as well. think we were unlucky to have that disallowed.

murphy looked pretty useful throughout. he has a very combative running style and seems determined to win every collision. more of that please!

leigh looked very good when they got a roll on, but we put a lot of pressure on them and really stopped them playing. but i think they were as guilty as us of slowing the game down at times, because when we got a roll on they were really struggling to contain us. and old man makka made their young talents in the pack look foolish at times!

cobb had an ok game, but was frustrated to see him tell leigh players three times within two minutes to get up and play the ball when they were pleading for a penalty. if they continue to try and fool the ref after being warned then they should be penalised. mcnally succeeded in milking one off thackeray, which you can see on the video.

the game was there for the taking, which is pretty frustrating as we were wasteful with the ball in their half. you could see thacks getting really p***ed off when the ball kept going to ground. in the second half it seemed that we either scored or knocked on! if there's one area to improve on yesterday then it's learning to build pressure in advantageous positions and work to a kick on the last, rather than going for glory on tackle one and two.

and to think we did what we did without godwin, brown, spicer and scott - who for me are automatic picks in the starting 13. austin in particular was pretty hot and cold - scott's much more reliable and gives us more momentum going forward, even if austin's more experienced at this level.

if we play like that on friday we'll tear swinton apart and won't lose again this year. big 'if' though!! 

Edited by Jason Basin, 30 June 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#68 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

Fantastic game yesterday and would have taken the BP before the game. Well done to Glenn and the boys for a great effort.

One thing though that needs improving is our passing game. I lost count of how many times we passed to the ankles.

#69 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

One thing though that needs improving is our passing game. I lost count of how many times we passed to the ankles.

Perhaps you need shorter players?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#70 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

we played really well.

their first two tries came from very well executed kicks that any side would have struggled to defend against, and a third try from a kick should have probably been palmed dead by dale - but he backed himself to catch it. he also backed himself to catch the kick-off following our equalising score and back-pedalled some distance to try and reach it, when briggs was probably in a better position. nobody to be blamed really and it's good that dale's confident. aside from those two errors he had a great game so i hope he keeps his head up.

we made a terrible start to the second half, which also cost us, knocking on in our first set, conceding a penalty and then a try, so it's unfair to pin the blame on morton.

we were really unlucky with the restart after that try too.

we were a touch lucky with our first try but grady finished it fantastically well. he's an absolute class act who we'll be lucky to keep hold of. a complete player who does everything right.

murphy grounded the ball looking at the footage and the rams players around him certainly felt he did as well. think we were unlucky to have that disallowed.

murphy looked pretty useful throughout. he has a very combative running style and seems determined to win every collision. more of that please!

leigh looked very good when they got a roll on, but we put a lot of pressure on them and really stopped them playing. but i think they were as guilty as us of slowing the game down at times, because when we got a roll on they were really struggling to contain us. and old man makka made their young talents in the pack look foolish at times!

cobb had an ok game, but was frustrated to see him tell leigh players three times within two minutes to get up and play the ball when they were pleading for a penalty. if they continue to try and fool the ref after being warned then they should be penalised. mcnally succeeded in milking one off thackeray, which you can see on the video.

the game was there for the taking, which is pretty frustrating as we were wasteful with the ball in their half. you could see thacks getting really p***ed off when the ball kept going to ground. in the second half it seemed that we either scored or knocked on! if there's one area to improve on yesterday then it's learning to build pressure in advantageous positions and work to a kick on the last, rather than going for glory on tackle one and two.

and to think we did what we did without godwin, brown, spicer and scott - who for me are automatic picks in the starting 13. austin in particular was pretty hot and cold - scott's much more reliable and gives us more momentum going forward, even if austin's more experienced at this level.

if we play like that on friday we'll tear swinton apart and won't lose again this year. big 'if' though!! 

Maybe we should play Jordan Grayston on the wing. Can't see why the lad is not being picked TBH

#71 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

Really hoping we can keep hold of Grady and Briggs for 2015, might be one or two teams looking at Grady already

Briggs might well return to Fev, and Grady definitely won't go there - the money's just run out!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#72 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

You were doing quite well until the 'Leigh of course had a a player sin-binned' ... Did you not benefit from the player advantage?... The offence which rightly deserved a SB for obstruction was awarded but the 'obligatory' remark is infantile!

It was 'tongue in cheek' Barty, but do check some if your players' antics this season.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#73 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

Fantastic game yesterday and would have taken the BP before the game. Well done to Glenn and the boys for a great effort.

We also need to tackle better; on too many occasions we allow the opposition to progress because we fail to get the legs.

Remember lads, it's Legs, Dews, legs! How many times do I have to shout it before we do it?
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#74 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

grady is contracted for next season already .

#75 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

If that's correct it's brilliant news,I thought when we signed him it was just for this season?

#76 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Who to?

#77 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Who to?

That's what worries me,are you sure he's contracted to us for next season?

#78 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Don't we normally have a centre off you every year?

#79 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

Leigh fans 100%we were the best team to have played at their place.

#80 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

Don't we normally have a centre off you every year?

Yes that's true piggy,but only the dead wood!!! Your ok you've got,play when I can be bothered Faal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users