Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Josh to Salford

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

Ho hum.

It was good whilst it lasted.

Just hope Faal can step up a gear or three.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#2 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

Or wally fancies the idyllic views of hanging heaton from the mount

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#3 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 604 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

We new this was going to happen at some point hopefully faal will do well.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

Again it shows a Batley player going up into SL. Must be a draw to bring in some more talent?

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Again it shows a Batley player going up into SL. Must be a draw to bring in some more talent?

"Batley, the stepping stone to SL."

Sounds appealing doesn't it?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

We've sent more players there recently than most

#7 cally

cally
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

something on twitter saying someone to replace griffin tomorrow anybody have any info

#8 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

Did it say something about rising from the ashes?

#9 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

Expected signing fallen through according to Dan the man. Nice to see us step players up, nicer to see them staying and getting into SL with US!! That's why we've struggled at everyone else's good luck.

#10 PKK

PKK
  • Coach
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

"Batley, the stepping stone to SL."

Sounds appealing doesn't it?

"Batley, the stepping stone to SL, Fev or Fax"
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

#11 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:23 AM

And then we have the next level.....

'Fev, the stepping stone to Cas'.

#12 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

Just hope Griffin and Walton aren't lining up against us on Sunday!

Barrow have played a number of Salford DRs recently

By the way, how many centres do Salford want, apart from the already signed ones Sau, Walton Gleeson they also signed Caton-Brown from london this week. Hope Josh does well there but there is already a lot of competition.

#13 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

Am not being pedantic here but i have looked on the official club website and there is no confirmation that Josh has indeed gone to "Cash City" ooops meant Salford. At least its not Featherstone again if indeed  he has gone. Can we please have official confermation ? Wonder who we will lose this week if we win again on Sunday. :unsure:  

#14 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

official website/ been putting a picture a scott up for weeks,we still have ash and flanny on homepage, and team list still as connor,blackmore,aspinhall,johnson,mason, and fairbanks in. no big deal but thought it were the shopwindow for dogs like so could do with an updated team every week seen as we use lots a players in our DOGSHOME for strays until they move on to new or better things, get ready for someone to come in and ask if we can do a better job.. :download:   decent kennals up at mount for shortstays :pickeat:

#15 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

Am not being pedantic here but i have looked on the official club website and there is no confirmation that Josh has indeed gone to "Cash City" ooops meant Salford. At least its not Featherstone again if indeed he has gone. Can we please have official confermation ? Wonder who we will lose this week if we win again on Sunday. :unsure:

I know it's not ideal for everyone but I did post on the Clubs official twitter account that he had gone.

#16 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

official website/ been putting a picture a scott up for weeks,we still have ash and flanny on homepage, and team list still as connor,blackmore,aspinhall,johnson,mason, and fairbanks in. no big deal but thought it were the shopwindow for dogs like so could do with an updated team every week seen as we use lots a players in our DOGSHOME for strays until they move on to new or better things, get ready for someone to come in and ask if we can do a better job.. :download:   decent kennals up at mount for shortstays :pickeat:

Have to admit I'm puzzled. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of the points, but I thought Griffin started in Giants academy, where he was presumably deemed not good enough. Went to Cas, and was first choice in a struggling side, but  presumably dropped down the pecking order before going to the Tykes. With the dogs, he has by all accounts been a revelation, but has now chosen to join a club that is throwing money at far bigger names. I suspect he'll struggle to get a game, and end up back in the championship anyway, one way or another - like Brown in fact. Bet he ends up back on loan with you lot sooner rather than later. ;)

#17 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

Have to admit I'm puzzled. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of the points, but I thought Griffin started in Giants academy, where he was presumably deemed not good enough. Went to Cas, and was first choice in a struggling side, but  presumably dropped down the pecking order before going to the Tykes. With the dogs, he has by all accounts been a revelation, but has now chosen to join a club that is throwing money at far bigger names. I suspect he'll struggle to get a game, and end up back in the championship anyway, one way or another - like Brown in fact. Bet he ends up back on loan with you lot sooner rather than later. ;)

Well things change over time, but i agree with you that it seems an odd one. He has bulked up now and is more powerful than I remember him when he was last with us, but he still displays the odd defensive lapse. It is difficult to see where he will fit in at Salford, though I thought that about Walton and he seems to be getting fairly regular gametime.

#18 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

Probably for Barrow along with Walton this week. Hurry up Sunday before any more of our players exit the departure lounge. Last call anyone for Halifax !.

#19 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

am puzzled too,if anyone looks to improve they move on,maybe if and when the duel reg gets binned we could stick with loan players and make it no more than 3 a season and for at least 10 games before there taken back and sent elswere,we must a broken a few records this season with number a players coming in and out and some only playing for a matter of minutes, only way  we can have a settled team is to try play steady away so as not attract offers from above, i reckon some teams who are spending the £££$£ dont even know how many players they have on their books that are out on loan, i was very shocked to be told how many players an high flying championship team as out on loan...its all getting a bit daft now as you dont know who were going to be against until game time,i doubt now most clubs have used the dr route including us it will be hard knock it on the head. barrow will be an harder game this week for us due to playing against some of our players who shone well if whats been said is true..up the dogs.

#20 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

So just to be clear, how many of our ex players are genuinely likely to play against us then? As Salford only have three, plus Mick Govin it could be four. However l would bet it wont be more than one and quite possibly none.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users