Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Josh to Salford

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

Have to admit I'm puzzled. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of the points, but I thought Griffin started in Giants academy, where he was presumably deemed not good enough. Went to Cas, and was first choice in a struggling side, but  presumably dropped down the pecking order before going to the Tykes. With the dogs, he has by all accounts been a revelation, but has now chosen to join a club that is throwing money at far bigger names. I suspect he'll struggle to get a game, and end up back in the championship anyway, one way or another - like Brown in fact. Bet he ends up back on loan with you lot sooner rather than later. ;)

Cas played him mainly on the wing, which was a waste of a good centre.  From what I have seen this time around I think that he has the skills to make the grade in SL second (or should it be third?) time around.  A big loss for us imo.

#22 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

Probably for Barrow along with Walton this week. Hurry up Sunday before any more of our players exit the departure lounge. Last call anyone for Halifax !.

Walton is in the 19 man squad for Salfords next  game, as is Johnson.

#23 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

So just to be clear, how many of our ex players are genuinely likely to play against us then? As Salford only have three, plus Mick Govin it could be four. However l would bet it wont be more than one and quite possibly none.

Hope your right and it is only one.  I reckon a win on Sunday + 2 more from the rest of our fixtures will take us into the play offs then who knows.  

#24 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

Will the last one to leave please turn off the lights.

Good job the 17 we have left are playing well at the moment, as we are literlly down to the bare bones!

Good luck at Salford Josh.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#25 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

By my reckoning the squad currently stands as follows:

Greenwood
Finnigan
Rettie
Paterson
Faal
Black
Leatherbarrow
Blake
Nicholson
Smith
Rowe
Gledhill
Applegarth
Davies
Chandler
Martin
Scott
Bretherton

On loan:
Hirst
Brown

Out on loan:
Brennan
Leary

Injured:
Leek

Edited by Nick07, 27 June 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#26 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Where is Leary on loan?

#27 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hunslet

#28 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

Thanks, since when?

#29 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

No idea to be honest DD, apparently it was on the Hunslet website though. I'm guessing only a recent move perhaps.

#30 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

That probably means have seen the end of both. And why did we need a scrum half when we lost a centre? I realise that with Leek injured there's little cover in the halves, but both Ben and Scott are on top form at the moment, and Scott has now become main goalkicker so who wasn't going to play to let the French guy play, as he wouldn't have come all that way not to? I'm really confused as to the selection at the moment, being down to a bare squad, letting guys go elsewhere then trying to bring in a guy we didn't need, plus the DR farce with Huddersfield. That said, we're on top form just now and a win on Sunday should take us up to 5th as doubt the Rams will beat Leigh, but let's keep hoping a) confidence stays high and B) we don't pick up any injuries.

#31 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

That probably means have seen the end of both. And why did we need a scrum half when we lost a centre? I realise that with Leek injured there's little cover in the halves, but both Ben and Scott are on top form at the moment, and Scott has now become main goalkicker so who wasn't going to play to let the French guy play, as he wouldn't have come all that way not to? I'm really confused as to the selection at the moment, being down to a bare squad, letting guys go elsewhere then trying to bring in a guy we didn't need, plus the DR farce with Huddersfield. That said, we're on top form just now and a win on Sunday should take us up to 5th as doubt the Rams will beat Leigh, but let's keep hoping a) confidence stays high and B) we don't pick up any injuries.

The Press have got their story wrong. It wasn't William Barthau. The player concerned would have been a direct replacement for Griffin.

Posted Image

#32 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

Alright chaps, quick question please, does anyone know what the score is with Byron ?. The rumours were fax had signed him but nothing for a week or so.

Edited by Ackropj, 27 June 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#33 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

Alright chaps, quick question please, does anyone know what the score is with Byron ?. The rumours were fax had signed him but nothing for a week or so.

Load of absolute drivel sparked by a rather odd post on this forum.

Posted Image

#34 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

Load of absolute drivel sparked by a rather odd post on this forum.

#35 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

Cheers pal, was on our forum too, he's done his fair stint with the dogs, Batley through and through as long as you want him I would think.

#36 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

The Press have got their story wrong. It wasn't William Barthau. The player concerned would have been a direct replacement for Griffin.

The story was correct.

#37 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

I noticed that Josh Griffin played for Salford against Castleford this weekend according to the Sky score centre. Walton looks to have been used as a sub forward.

#38 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

I noticed that Josh Griffin played for Salford against Castleford this weekend according to the Sky score centre. Walton looks to have been used as a sub forward.

Walton came on after about 8 minutes when Hock went off injured and played the rest of the game, played in the second row.

Griffin played on the left wing.

#39 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

Sure I saw Walton at the game today

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#40 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Sure I saw Walton at the game today

You probably did.
Salford played last night.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users