Photo
- - - - -

27/06/14 - Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (6 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. St Helens (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

Good first half, although we'll have a tough time scoring points without Walsh.

It was pretty even at half time on Good Friday and Wigan hit us quickly after the break so we'll need to be fully alert from the off here. Pleased so far though, and I'm glad to see Masoe finally showing some aggression.

#22 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

I can't watch unfortunately, early flight tomorrow. Can scores be updated please

#23 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'd have gone for two there, this could be really tight.

Yes, so would I and probably everybody else bar Wigan fans!  But Captain Wellens thought he was in the 2006 title winning team rather than the team that has just lost its only play maker!  Even Makinson could have slotted one over from there.  Silly error in such a tight game.

Hopefully Saints will keep this up in the second half.  Without Walsh we are going to need to be on our mettle in every respect as we will struggle to score should we get the chance.

#24 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

Good first half, although we'll have a tough time scoring points without Walsh.

It was pretty even at half time on Good Friday and Wigan hit us quickly after the break so we'll need to be fully alert from the off here. Pleased so far though, and I'm glad to see Masoe finally showing some aggression.

The difference he makes is massive isn't it?  Could see it straight away.  I hope he hasn't done anything serious.

#25 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

I can't watch unfortunately, early flight tomorrow. Can scores be updated please

Sure :)

4-4 so far btw.

Edited by MrFussy, 27 June 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#26 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

The difference he makes is massive isn't it?  Could see it straight away.  I hope he hasn't done anything serious.

Definetly, without him we're pretty much back to where we were last season. Hohaia and Wilkin will need to be in top form now. I'm guessing it's a pulled muscle in the back maybe? He picked up another unusual injury in the Good Friday game too didn't he? Hasn't had much luck in these games so far.

Edit: I think he was able to carry on with it last time.

Edited by MrFussy, 27 June 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#27 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

Definetly, without him we're pretty much back to where we were last season. Hohaia and Wilkin will need to be in top form now. I'm guessing it's a pulled muscle in the back maybe? He picked up another unusual injury in the Good Friday game too didn't he? Hasn't had much luck in these games so far.

Edit: I think he was able to carry on with it last time.

He hyper extended his elbow on Good Friday and has played with strapping on that elbow ever since.  I think he's fragile myself but maybe I'm being unfair.  Perhaps he just gets injured easily.  Pity they couldn't just needle him up and send him back on! 

#28 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

Wellens scores to make it 8-4.

#29 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

He hyper extended his elbow on Good Friday and has played with strapping on that elbow ever since.  I think he's fragile myself but maybe I'm being unfair.  Perhaps he just gets injured easily.  Pity they couldn't just needle him up and send him back on! 

:D Our medical team needs your services!!

#30 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Wellens in, 4-8 Saints.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#31 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Kick looked good

#32 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

If only coaches could listen to Stevo during the game and have a little more time to react to his advice.

All they need is to do the exact opposite of whatever he says.

Saints starting to get a grip here.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#33 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

Kick looked good

It did, Saints starting to crank up the pressure now though.

#34 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Saints did all the hard work there, then a stupid forced pass and a needless penalty get Wigan out of trouble and up the other end for a try. Just waiting for Stevo to say, 'Nathan Brown will be fuming.'

#35 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

8-8 :( Charnley scored.

#36 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Charnley in, 8-8.

#37 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

what a cracking game this is
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#38 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

Saints got to go for two this time.

#39 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

10-8 Saints. 63 mins.

#40 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

High tackle from Flower, Saints go for two.

8-10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users