Photo
- - - - -

27/06/14 - Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (6 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. St Helens (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

Oh my, Saints nerves jangling.

But, that's all folks.

12-16.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#62 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Great game, nothing between the two sides. Well done Saints, a completely different team from good Friday's effort.

Gutted. :(
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#63 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

Any Wane shouty sweary moments on tv yet

Was just thinking how we'd been spared too many shots of his swearing gob until right at the end when he was effing and jeffing at Donkey Gelling for that last play. Great stuff.

Really good game, not sure what else Bentham could have done in that last twenty minutes to get Wigan over the line. Saints were excellent, really impressed with Masoe for once.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#64 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

And the "walk" is on!

It's never enough to beat the team - we're out supported as ever...

#65 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

Was just thinking how we'd been spared too many shots of his swearing gob until right at the end when he was effing and jeffing at Donkey Gelling for that last play. Great stuff.

Really good game, not sure what else Bentham could have done in that last twenty minutes to get Wigan over the line. Saints were excellent, really impressed with Masoe for once.

Well said JB and thank you very much for the credit :)

I will spare you the navel gazing this week :)

#66 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

Absolutely delighted with that, it was exactly the type of performance we needed to put in in one of these games. Masoe finally made his presence felt, that's the way we need to see him play every game.

#67 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

It's times like this we miss Pat Richards. All kicks missed.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#68 dadafrank

dadafrank
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

No sky, just radio 5.. who says it was the game of the season, and super league history,, well done Saints, and also well done Wigan.

#69 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

THat was a superb advert for the sport of RL. Really intense, two sides knocking hell out of each other, no dirty play to speak of, and two sets of players who showed each other tremendous respect at the end. A certain other sport should take notice.

#70 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Well done to St Helens, they completely out played us and were well worth their win, particularly having to adjust to losing a key man during the game. Their aggression threw us off our game land they sustained a high level of intensity. I think Wigan contributed to a good match and showed a certain level of resilience.

Edited by Exiled Wiganer, 27 June 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#71 wackojacko

wackojacko
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Great game, shame about the result. May be biased but disagree with Just Brown's comment, don't think Bentham gave anything unlegit. Saints did really well without Walsh.

Edited by wackojacko, 27 June 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#72 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

JB defines himself by his hatred of Wigan. He won't even eat a pie unless it's been exorcised.

#73 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Great game, shame about the result. May be biased but disagree with Just Brown's comment, don't think Bentham gave anything unlegit. Saints did really well without Walsh.

He did give Bateman a penalty when he dropped the ball, then missed a pretty blatant forward pass. It's all swings and roundabouts though, and those were probably decisions which the touch judges were more responsible for.

He did seem to let the game flow which is always nice to see.

Edited by MrFussy, 27 June 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#74 dadafrank

dadafrank
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

nobody got  bit either,

#75 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

He did give Bateman a penalty when he dropped the ball, then missed a pretty blatant forward pass. It's all swings and roundabouts though, and those were probably decisions which the touch judges were more responsible for.

People see what they want to see with these things. You could easily argue that Saints players spent pretty much the whole game wrapped around the attacker and might have been penalised into oblivion on another day, so the Bateman interference was if anything well overdue. All swings and roundabouts.

#76 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

People see what they want to see with these things. You could easily argue that Saints players spent pretty much the whole game wrapped around the attacker and might have been penalised into oblivion on another day, so the Bateman interference was if anything well overdue. All swings and roundabouts.

Hmm I'm pretty sure he did just drop the ball on that occassion, but nothing you don't see penalties given for almost every week.

#77 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

Sky said the touchy had signalled a Dan Marino pass
Bentham didnt hear it

Wane still claimed if Wigan got "Better Ref Calls" in the 2nd half

#78 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

Bentham didnt hear it

Team - beaten tick
Referee - biased in our favour without whom we'd be slaughtered tick
Wane - terrible loser tick
Fans - all left early tick
It's a Browny bingo full house. :)

#79 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

Bentham didnt hear it

Ah fair does, in that case I apologise to the touch judge!

It was a pity Wane slipped that comment in but he was otherwise very gracious in defeat and complimentary about our efforts. I think I have more respect for him after that one, although I do wish the camera wouldn't focus on him if he's going to eff. No doubt he'll have Wigan even more pumped up than usual for our next meeting if that's possible. You can really see what these games mean to him.

#80 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

Jeez a Wiganer moaning about slowing the play down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users