Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

28/06/14 - London Broncos v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. London Broncos (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Widnes Vikings (6 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

Discuss London Broncos v Widnes Vikings here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

Hopefully we won't slip up on this potential Banana skin, and give London their first win! 

Widnes by 18.

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#3 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

I think this could be the game for London to break the duck. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#4 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

London by 12 Widnes have been found out

Edited by sweaty craiq, 26 June 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#5 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

It was great to have Til Vea and Nesi Mataitonga down at training with Newham Dockers under 15s last night, and their enthusiasm has  rubbed off on me: London to win 24 -18.

#6 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

London to win - I suspect Widnes will be v distracted by the semi over the next few weeks (as I think Cas have been/will be) as that is the biggest game for the club for a decade.

#7 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:10 AM

Widens by 16
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#8 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

London by 4.

#9 Southern Reiver

Southern Reiver
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

Widnes don't turn up and we win by 2pts, while the rain stays away so we enjoy the BBQ afterwards. Just not that confident.

#10 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

I really fancy London for this one. Widnes conceding lots of points at the moment.

#11 kendon

kendon
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

For the first time this season I can sense a London win. 24-16 in a sloppy game. 

#12 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Widnes winning 12-2 after 30 minutes.

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#13 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

18-8 Half Time

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Where have you gone Bomb Jack mate?

20-42 at the mo.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#15 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

24-42, final score.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#16 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Where have you gone Bomb Jack mate?

20-42 at the mo.

At work unfortunately, on overtime! 

I'm happy with the result obviously, as I didn't want to be the first team to get beaten by them (plus we've lost 4 and drawn 1 out of our last 5 games!)

#17 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

London were much poorer than I had hoped or expected.  In attack they played predictable one out rugby, whilst their defence on their left hand side was shocking - it seemed that in the second half, every time Widnes moved the ball right, they got a 2 or 3 v 1.  Duckworth was terrible in attack and defence; he doesn't look either fit or committed.

#18 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

He misses Vera.

#19 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

I wish I had not parted with £ 20 to Barnet FC. I knew London Broncos  were not fit for Super League but I have to make the call now that this mob wil not win a game all season letting the club dissapear in ignomy.

The gate of 1,422 IIRC was die to a large Widnes travelling contingent and about 200 free tickets give to school kids who paraded round the ground representing various countries - Wales with Puff the Magic Dragon by the look of it..

In truth Widnes never got out of second gear and London conceded soft try after soft try after soft try. when not knocking on or firing ther ball into the touchline, Credit to the Chemics who can only beat what's in front of them but those who thought Joe Grima was an improvement on Tony Rea :O

The Broncos only seem to do well when play becomes unstructured a bit like "when wide to "west" becomes the game plan. Maybe it is the gameplan. A case in point being Denny Solomonas outpacing of the Widnes defence to touch down from a kick through in the right hand corner on the stroke of half time.

People crack on about London's crowds but given the fare on offer - and I would not call this entertainment by any means - and the fact this has gone on for five years now of much the same, I think it's a minor miracle there is still a hard core of around 700 buying replica shrts is tribute to blind optimism that should be applauded. That said I will not be back until Hull KR, I could go next week against Wigan but although there will be one good team,on the pitch it will not be the one I am barracking for.... :crying:

I get on the tube at Canons Park at 4.51pm and there on the platform is Barwick in mufti or at least his doppelganger, he started at me, I at him, I wondered was it him, surely such a highly paid consultant with Daily Mail soccer column and FA payoff not to mention the RFL gold

he is getting, could have better dress sense thatn to turn up looking casual but by no means smart. If it truly was the highly remunerated Twickenham resident. Then I missed the opportunity to beg that the Broncos be granted euthanasia for as things stan Hughes may want a next season but who will be watching.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#20 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

Easier said than done, but Broncos fans need to keep the faith. OK they will be playing in the championship next season, but with Joe Grima in charge and a good pre season they will be in for a great season next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users